yellowing acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola67

Reaction score
Hi there, I've recently had a couple of clients complain that their nails are yellowing, when I've looked it seems to be the old acrylic underneath, (after a rebalance). This isn't happpening on all my clients, and mine are fine aswell.
At first I thought it was my brush, but as it's not happening on all my clients I don't think my brush is contaminated. Should I de contaminate it, just in case? I'm always very careful with it, only clean it in monomer and store it in a brush case. I just can't work out what it could be, I've thought of sunbeds or self tanner but I use sunbeds and mine are ok and none of these girls have used self tanner. I've asked them what they are doing lotions & potions wise and there doesn't appear to be anything untoward being used.
Has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be and what I could do to solve the prob.
Thanks
xx

Do you let smoke while you do their nails?

Hey, sorry, but I've heard of a lot of crazy things... Anyway, since they haven't done anything strange, and it isn't your brush or something else that you did different, I guess you should just take the whole thing off and apply a fresh set...

No worries :green:, I too have heard of some very strange goings on in salons! Do you reckon I should give my brush a good old soak, just to make sure?
xx

How many rebalances have you done on these clients.....is this after their 3rd or 4th rebalance....or after their first?

How many rebalances have you done on these clients.....is this after their 3rd or 4th rebalance....or after their first?
one of them it's the first and I think the others might be 2nd or 3rd.......... Do you think that the acrylic has just discoloured over the weeks?
xx

Just trying to rule out product age...but that takes about 4-6 months, and there are 3 signs of this, discolouration, brittleness and lifting, all 3 at the same time. Really as I say only can happen after several months, and with clients who just don't use their Solar Oil.

So the mystery deepens, if we can rule that out!

Do you use primer....could it have touched the file prepped product before you applied fresh product...was primer dried to a chalky finish....hope I am not teaching my granny to suck eggs here....just thinking through the possibilities...

and with clients who just don't use their Solar Oil.
AHA!! :green: This could well be prob!!! NONE of them use solar oil. Each time I see them I try & get them to buy it and they always say "oh maybe next time" blah blah, I always tell the benefits etc and use it on them myself but as yet they haven't bought it.......
I don't use a primer, as I use Retention+........ xx

. Really as I say only can happen after several months, and with clients who just don't use their Solar Oil.

sorry if you picked me up wrong there....even if they didn't use solar Oil at all, there should be no problems like this after only 1 rebalance. It is only after a period of months.

Latest posts

Back