Yellowing nails after Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautybexter

Reaction score
Hello geeks
Just a quick enquiry, I had a new client come in yesterday for a shellac removal and re-application and as I removed the shellac her nails underneath had yellowed and stained!! I did not apply her shellac as she had them done abroad but she insisted that they used shellac. Her nails were quite oily but I've never seen shellac do that. Has anyone else? I personally dont think it was shellac but everyone reacts differently so was ust wondering if anyone had seen this happen elsewhere?

I've not seen Shellac stain nails and I've been using it since it came out.

I don't use Shellac but from what I know about it, it doesn't stain the nail plate yellow.....How can it? It has a base coat that is cured, the color coats that are cured?
I would put my money on that she did not get a proper CND Shellac, she got one of the common fakes where, really, the client would not know the difference by looking at the bottle from the other side of the table and if the bottles label was facing away from her.
What UV light did they use? Did she mention if she noticed if it had CND on the top of it? This is a true tell sign it wasn't Shellac if the CND lamp was not used.

Shellac does not make nail plates go yellow. End of story.

Hi, I'm pretty new to Shellac & recently experienced the same problem.
I applied shellac to toes (using the full system of genuine shellac products)
When I removed it the toe nails were yellow - when we worked it out the shellac had been on for 9 weeks, so wasn't sure if it had been left on too long!!
The nails seemed healthy & strong apart from the yellow stain so I reapplied a new colour - due to remove this week so we'll see how they look now!!

i have heard of this being a problem to if it is not the shellac what may of caused it as find it hard to advise

My Sisters nails were yellow after shellac just once. Turns out she had curry the night before.

Edit: just realised you were talking about toes sorry.

My Sisters nails were yellow after shellac just once. Turns out she had curry the night before.

Edit: just realised you were talking about toes sorry.

Who's to say you can't eat curry with your toes :wink:

Latest posts

Back