Yellowing Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily

Reaction score
Hiya All

Why is it no matter what base coat i use (i use either sticky or toughen up) my clients nails are slightly yellowing!!!

Any advice would be gretly appreciated

Amanda

Natural nails?
Is it all clients, or a select bunch?
Is it with a particular colour?

Shouldnt happen at all. Both will protect the natural nail plate from staining or discolouring and Stickey wil help prevent staining and yellowing on enhancments.

Lemme know ;)

The Nail Geek said:
Natural nails?
Is it all clients, or a select bunch?
Is it with a particular colour?

Shouldnt happen at all. Both will protect the natural nail plate from staining or discolouring and Stickey wil help prevent staining and yellowing on enhancments.

Lemme know ;)
On natural nails Sam:cry: mainly when i use a paler colour, but have i heard somewhere that paler colours are more likely to stain than darker colours?? I'm baffled cos i always use a base coat:cry: :cry:

Amanda

Hmmm, are they CND colours? What top coat are you using? What remover are you using?

I use either toughen up/stickey, creative enamel and either, super shiney or speedey!! i always acetone free nail enamel remover and have been using NSI for over 2 years (not the same remover) lol

Mmmmmmmm!!! i use these on all my clients and have noticed it on natural nails for a while, but just thought it was me and my eyesight.

Please help!!!!

Amanda

Hi I thought I,d let you know the same thing is happening to me I use
creative toughen up as a base coat and then I use cream buff and negligee
for my french and after approx 7-10 days when the client gets them done again Ive noticed them sarting to turn a yellow collour - I thought at first my product may be coming to the end of it life so off i go and treat myself to a new bottle of toughen - up and some of the polishes from the lulu range and my top coat is always supper shiney- and i find that its still happening

Catherine

Hiya,

I've been getting woried that it is just me!!!

GMG will be finding out some answers for us, soon i hope GMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda

hmmm. I am a bit perplexed. I could understand if it was the occasional client (ie you have 10 clients wearing that combination and 1 or 2 of them have a problem) but consistently across the board?

hmph... Ill look into it.

The Nail Geek said:
hmmm. I am a bit perplexed. I could understand if it was the occasional client (ie you have 10 clients wearing that combination and 1 or 2 of them have a problem) but consistently across the board?

hmph... Ill look into it.
Cheers sam!!!!

Just to add, say i have 10 clients, i would say 8 clients have it more severe than the other 2 (if that helps)

Amanda

Has there been any further developments on this as I am also still suffering from the yellowing.

Any thoughts?

Adele

Latest posts

Back