Yey Have just done a decent french manicure on my boyfriend!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
I have just painted a decent french manicure/pedicure on my boyfriend several times (I have promised not to tell his friends).

Just had to share my delight. I qualified over two years ago as a therapist, after completing a 2 year full time Btec Diploma. However since that time I have used every excuse to get out of a french manicure/pedicure and this has been a huge hang-up for me (I have only worked very part time hours in two salons since then). I have recently started my own mobile business which has been going really well but have got a new client on Saturday booked in for french toes and fingers. I was going to do this with my recently purchased airbrush but after practicing with it I wasn't happy with the end result - so thought I would have a go freehand and was really impressed.

Sorry to rattle on a bit but this has been something which has really held me back in believing that I was a good therapist, as despite so much practice in the early days I could just not get the hang of it at all.

I used to get booked in for french pedicures all the time at an old salon and ended up leaving because of it, I found it sooo stressful and it really dented my confidence.

I know french manicure is something so many therapists struggle with at first so maybe if this is you it might help to gain more confidence in your nail painting skills then come back to french after a bit of break - it certainly helped me:). (Am going to be doing french manicures on any willing guinea pigs now!)

a big well done you
im sure your boyfriend cant wait to go into work in the morning and show them off to all his friends... NOT its like the seceret service if my hubby is anything to go on every now and again I pop a set of nails on him then tell him ive run out of product remover the longest I have kept it up for is 2 hours and by then my ears are sore.

Wow, your boyfriend is lucky to have someone to do his nails for him!

a girl at college brought her boyfriend for her final assessment and did a french polish on him and he'd been in many times for a pedicure and his toes polish..xx

Good for you well done ;-) keep up the self pride. How did you find your 2nd year BTEC Diploma?

Good for you hun,I had to do 5 french manicures for a wedding a little while back, I was dreading it as Ive not much experiance of doing them,but didnt turn out too bad in the end, yesterday had a last minute booking for a french manicure...went in and done it ..no prob..was quite chuffed..and I got tipped both times too.:)

Thanks guys. Have been doing French manicures on anyone that will sit still for long enough at my house all weekend, i'm on a roll now:)

Be beautiful - In response to you question about the second year of the BTEC it was alot harder than year 1. The assignments in year 1 are sooo easy compared to year 2 - but you do learn much more in year 2 and seem to draw all of your skills together - especially when you do the IVA. I didn't make things easy for myself though cos i fell pregnant with baby number 2 the week before we went back for year two, and finished my last couple of theory assignments in hospital and at home with a newborn on my lap.

Still having said that I absolutley LOVED college - especially the second year.

In my first year I found that the assignments confused me having completed a degree in psychology I tried to answer the questions in a very diplomatic way eg writing 5000 word assignments lol instead of 500 words.never mind lol I got there in the end. :)

Latest posts

Back