You just never know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady

Reaction score
I've fractured my foot so I can't do much,I'm left handed for writing, both handed on a black board, but was taught like most things to be right handed when polishing etc.

I was sat there last night thinking what if I fractured my right hand would I be able to polish etc......so I got my polish out etc, tried polishing with my left hand.........blow me, it felt natural, i got great results and I'm still sat here dumbfounded as to why I had never even considered using my left hand!!.......so it just shows you if you try something different, you may get different results in life,so I say go for it ladies.......you just never know.......xxx

But you're obviously ambidextrous! If I polished with my left had it would look like a 1 year old did it.

I'm left handed but didn't for a minute think of learning to polish with my right hand, it just wouldn't feel natural to me. Weird though, whilst I use my left hand for writing, polishing, holding a tennis racquet (not since school LOL), and many other things, I do also use my right hand for lots of other things (one that springs to mind is using scissors).

I do think there seems to be a greater number of 'lefties' that are generally more ambidextrous than 'righties', I think you just learn to be. When I grew up there was no such thing as left handed can openers, scissors etc :D

Happy polishing :)

Yes I do wonder if I should be left handed rather than right. I found painting my own nails for the first time recently that it felt quite natural with my left hand. And I do struggle with nails... I also cant write very well, snowboard 'goofy' which is left foot behind, use to play football with my left foot. So maybe I was made to be right handed when I was a child and should have been left...

I'm reasonably good at doing my right hand using my left :) but whenever I try to write with my left hand, it comes out backwards and you can only read it with a mirror. I really struggle to write sentences/letters/words the normal way and leading to the right, it just naturally flows backwards and to the left. Very odd and everyone I've ever mentioned it to thinks I'm a nutter!

Xxx

Lol @ Verveperdy.....your not a nutter Hun....xx

Thanks for your replies ladies, it's wired isn't it when you have to learn to be right handed in a right handed world, when all you want to be is left handed...x

Im a leftie and im about as left as you can get as i really struggle to anything with my right although i do eat right handed (fork in left, knife in right) im also completely left footed strangs huh

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm a righty but have always eaten left handed and I'm married to a leftie who eats right handed?

I'm a righty but have always eaten left handed and I'm married to a leftie who eats right handed?

Same here in a righty eat the left way and my brother is the opposite. I also shuffle cards left handed too
Vicki x

He also played football right footed, but if you put a pen in his right hand and get him to write it looks like a spider was squashed on the page... Ah we all have our odd little quirks.

I'm left handed in pretty much everything apart from using scissors which I use with my right.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Same here!

My dads left handed and footed, but can write just as well with his right. And his name is Lefty too!!

My sons left handed but I've always set the dinner table the right handed way (the rest of us are righties). I never even thought of him needing it reversed! Blimey I've only just realised then that I've been making him eat the right handed way all his life lol

Bad mum!!

Aww Waffle your not a bad Mum lol.....we just do stuff the way were taught.

I know I always make adaptations/considerations when teaching classes to suit learning styles, just hadn't given it much thought in terms of making those same adaptations for practical sessions, or myself. Xxx

Latest posts

Back