Younique beauty products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like this stuff is going to be all over facebook in the next couple of weeks. I hope they are not going to be as bad as forever living and juiceplus, i am feed up of blocking them.

I have a group page and people request to join. I have been inundated with requests by Younique Rep's and have explained that my group is not for promoting any business. So I think we are going to see lots of postings and requests to join various groups. It's very time consuming monitoring it all and I have put on the description that Younique cannot be sold on my group, they still request to join! Also been asked if I want to become a Rep, I kindly say no thanks.

Also having seen photos of the 3D mascara I'm not a fan. Personally it looks very clumpy with lashes stuck together. It wouldn't be my target market and I have shown some of my clients photos for feedback. None have been impressed!

Sammiejoe thank you - you have just saved me a job :D I was just about to give you exactly the same information as above which I have had confirmed. Here is also some information about how natural the products are.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's refreshing to have the info confirmed about this brand. Personally as it's a mlm brand I wouldn't join as it's not a pro brand I could retail, it reminds me of Neal's yard they too have this kind of mlm, lovely products but unfortunately I stopped using it when I realised they were a business in a box for anyone so to speak. Not slating mlm businesses, after all it's not for everyone but obviously if you don't want to stock an in salon brand then it's a good way to earn on a commission basis for just recommending products. Nice to know that it's cruelty free & natural though.

I won't be stocking it in salon though as I don't own the salon I'm based in. I am doing it completely separately as a way of earning some extra money. If it works - great I can afford to treat my other half & our daughter to something nice. If not I've only lost £79 & got some make up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We are mineral based, we are cruelty free we are actually working on our leaping bunny certification currently and yes our products are FORMULATED in USA and made in China that part is correct however November 1st that changes with the success and growth of our company we now will be formulated, made and packaged in the USA (Except two products that will be made in Italy and Germany)

So are you also a Presenter for these products? It's just your profile doesn't say so.....it's getting very confusing as to who has a vested interest in selling these products :confused:

It is as simple as China's mandatory testing regulations are for products SOLD in china only. It has nothing to do with where they are manufactured.

To be cruelty free they have to not test the ingredients or finished product, not employ an outside company to test and ensure their ingredients suppliers don't test too.

So many companies have totally misleading animal testing policies too. Cleverly worded but the bottom line is the same (L'Oréal, rimmel, estee lauder etc etc).

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
The law requires that all items sold to the Chinese market are tested on animals. Not that items produced there are tested on animals - if everything is exported the testing is not legally required.

Cruelty free is an enhanced term. Goods that are cruelty free are both not tested on animals plus additionally do not use animal derived products in any way. So for instance a makeup brand might not test on animals but might manufacture animal hair makeup brushes in which case they couldn't call themselves cruelty free.

The cruelty free leaping bunny programme requires an external ethical audit before its usage is granted. From my experiences, which admittedly are 8ish years old now, the process is lengthy & thorough.

I could go on but it's concisely summarised here:

Animal Testing FAQs | Go Cruelty Free

I think that being informed & respectful are attributes that should be present in every post whether you share someone's opinion or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruelty free is an enhanced term. Goods that are cruelty free are both not tested on animals plus additionally do not use animal derived products in any way. So for instance a makeup brand might not test on animals but might manufacture animal hair makeup brushes in which case they couldn't call themselves cruelty free.
Actually that's not strictly true. Products with animal ingredients/animal hair can still be classed as cruelty free. Not all CF products are vegan and not all vegan products are CF.

Also, leaping bunny don't take parent companies into account (neither do PETA) which is irritating.

Actually that's not strictly true. Products with animal ingredients/animal hair can still be classed as cruelty free. Not all CF products are vegan and not all vegan products are CF.

Also, leaping bunny don't take parent companies into account (neither do PETA) which is irritating.

I defer to your greater knowledge :hug:

When we were doing the cruelty free process we were told to reformulate a few of our brushes with synthetic materials hence my statement. But perhaps this was an "advisement" as opposed to mandatory. Or perhaps it's changed...

Definitely advisory I would say. But it's way better if everything is totally vegan anyway!! not that I'm biased ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

The law requires that all items sold to the Chinese market are tested on animals. Not that items produced there are tested on animals - if everything is exported the testing is not legally required.

The cruelty free leaping bunny programme requires an external ethical audit before its usage is granted. From my experiences, which admittedly are 8ish years old now, the process is lengthy & thorough.

I could go on but it's concisely summarised here:

Animal Testing FAQs | Go Cruelty Free

I think that being informed & respectful are attributes that should be present in every post whether you share someone's opinion or not.

Do you manufacture or supply beauty products? I think unless you are involved in producing this nature of product then I myself as a therapist do not know all the correct info with regards to the legalities - I was just going with what was stated on their US website which wasn't very clear if I'm honest. But end result if the op wants to go for these products then go ahead and make yourselves some money!

Do you manufacture or supply beauty products? I think unless you are involved in producing this nature of product then I myself as a therapist do not know all the correct info with regards to the legalities - I was just going with what was stated on their US website which wasn't very clear if I'm honest. But end result if the op wants to go for these products then go ahead and make yourselves some money!

My chequered history... :lol:

10 years ago now I sold some research & a few products to a large beauty company. I continued as a consultant in r&d for them for a while. Then I had a life re-evaluation & set up a marketing company which has a few beauty based accounts amongst others. I've never mentioned any account due to contractual restrictions - plus it's really dull!!

I think all your questions were perfectly reasonable, valid & asked courteously.

There was a post which has now been removed which was quite assertive & borderline defamatory. That is the post I was responding to.

This isn't a brand that appeals to me on any level. But each to their own :)

My chequered history... :lol:

10 years ago now I sold some research & a few products to a large beauty company. I continued as a consultant in r&d for them for a while. Then I had a life re-evaluation & set up a marketing company which has a few beauty based accounts amongst others. I've never mentioned any account due to contractual restrictions - plus it's really dull!!

I think all your questions were perfectly reasonable, valid & asked courteously.

There was a post which has now been removed which was quite assertive & borderline defamatory. That is the post I was responding to.

This isn't a brand that appeals to me on any level. But each to their own :)

Nice to know what other geeks backgrounds are 🙋 and yours doesn't sound dull at all! X

I haven't read all the responses but as a business women I don't really buy into mlm I sort of feel if the brand can make a profit and the seller can make a profit then you are obviously paying more than the product is worth. I sell hair extensions and I couldn't afford to make enough profit and give someone 20% to sell for me. I could afford to do it if I hiked my prices up by 20% but then I'd be over charging the customer so it me anything sold through mlm is probably over priced x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read all the responses but as a business women I don't really buy into mlm I sort of feel if the brand can make a profit and the seller can make a profit then you are obviously paying more than the product is worth. I sell hair extensions and I couldn't afford to make enough profit and give someone 20% to sell for me. I could afford to do it if I hiked my prices up by 20% but then I'd be over charging the customer so it me anything sold through mlm is probably over priced x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only second this. Most of my products give me 100% mark up on the price I pay which gives me leeway to do deals and offers if I want to. MLM tends to be a directed price and the lower levels - ie those not really recruiting - only get 25% of the price paid. That's a lot of product to sell to make a reasonable profit. Your upline get a bigger cut and the top dogs are still making money on this.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

An American friend of mine signed up just because the starter kit was a great deal and was saving her money (she wanted to start wearing more make-up but had almost nothing).

She's no intention of becoming a seller/presenter, but does like the products.

In my Avon days I was called a rep, we sold from a book and got a commission percentage of the sales...simple...a presenter sounds ridiculous, like a party plan host. I quite like some avon products...but I wouldn't sell them in the salon when people can get them anywhere.
Incidentally pyramid selling or MLM are considered illegal are they not? I remember about 20 years ago being stuck with an Amway rep explaining how I could work my way up the pyramid to having a nice car while those at the bottom sold for me...never hear of Amway now.

Pyramid selling is illegal but MLM isn't!

I honestly don't know what the difference is.

When I worked for Virgin Vie many years ago I was also a rep. I opened my home beauty room and this was initially my make up range. I soon realised that to be taken seriously in this industry you need to take the industry seriously.

I changed to Jane Iredale and haven't looked back!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thought I would pop on to see what people thought of this as I did sign up :)

I agree I wouldn't sell it in a salon and tbh they don't seem to want it sold in salons as they restrict people wanting to sell in salons to holding little to no stock. I think they can hold testers and thats it?

I just like that it is all done online so can be worked on it my free time and the kit had some items in it I would like to try anyways :)

I agree I wouldn't sell it in a salon and tbh they don't seem to want it sold in salons as they restrict people wanting to sell in salons to holding little to no stock. I think they can hold testers and thats it?

Interested in this as a salon locally is heavily advertising it...

Interested in this as a salon locally is heavily advertising it...

I will check the contract when I get into the laptop and let u know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back