Your Best Excuses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeauTea Rooms

Reaction score
So here's the thing... we've been open seven weeks this week and already I'm starting to chuckle at some of the excuses as to why nails have chipped or 'fell off' .. I was wondering what excuses you have had? I'm thinking of starting a Top Ten list of excuses for bad nail care!

So far we've had;
'I was building my son's new bed using an allen key and the white on the nail just pinged off'... full set of french gel tips

'I was lifting a wheel chair out of the car & setting it up for my Nan and it just chipped' ... full set of get overlays ... this one led to 'so I started soaking them off in non acetone remover and filing them off myself'

'They just pinged off, I was just sitting here & they just flew off'... full set of gel extensions this led to 'so I've filed through my thumb trying to get the gel off'

'The varnish was smudged when I took my uggs off'.... 20 minutes after a pedicure using China Glaze,didnt bring flip flips & we asked her not to put her boots on until we were sure they were dry but before we knew it she had her boots on and was out the door

So here's the thing... we've been open seven weeks this week and already I'm starting to chuckle at some of the excuses as to why nails have chipped or 'fell off' .. I was wondering what excuses you have had? I'm thinking of starting a Top Ten list of excuses for bad nail care!

So far we've had;
'I was building my son's new bed using an allen key and the white on the nail just pinged off'... full set of french gel tips

'I was lifting a wheel chair out of the car & setting it up for my Nan and it just chipped' ... full set of get overlays ... this one led to 'so I started soaking them off in non acetone remover and filing them off myself'

'They just pinged off, I was just sitting here & they just flew off'... full set of gel extensions this led to 'so I've filed through my thumb trying to get the gel off'

'The varnish was smudged when I took my uggs off'.... 20 minutes after a pedicure using China Glaze,didnt bring flip flips & we asked her not to put her boots on until we were sure they were dry but before we knew it she had her boots on and was out the door

Lol!
I've had the "they just didn't last and started coming off" -acrylics, as soon as I removed the polish she had applied over the top her nails underneath were caked with soil ohhhhh so you've been gardening and using your nails as spades......lovely

Lol!
I've had the "they just didn't last and started coming off" -acrylics, as soon as I removed the polish she had applied over the top her nails underneath were caked with soil ohhhhh so you've been gardening and using your nails as spades......lovely

I've had that
Client: "They just pinged off, I've done nothing unusual"
Me: "Oh there is soil under your nails, have you been gardening without gloves?"
Client: "Yes"

But the best one I ever had
Client: "I had a really bad nightmare and when I woke up all 10 nails were just lying there on the pillow"

:mad::mad::mad:

But the best one I ever had
Client: "I had a really bad nightmare and when I woke up all 10 nails were just lying there on the pillow"

:mad::mad::mad:

This made me cry, I couldn't sit there with a serious face and say that. Let alone have a straight face if someone said that to me.

Was she joking? :lol:

I had a client smash all of her nails up and tell me they just broke all of a sudden? Under close inspection I found bits of wood. Turns out she was moving bricks and chopping wood. I guess some clients just think they are indestructable :eek:, can never understand the lieing though....

Iv had " I got drunk last night, and woke up and Thier gone???
Hmmm go figure that one....

my best one: The dog was scared of my nails so i took them off!!! hahaa

My fav is:

"I could not satisfy an itch I had so I dug my nail into my skin and it just pinged off. You need to do something to prevent this happening again cause it was REALLY painful"

ha ha couldn't believe it!

Omg! Customer: "one of my nails chipped at the end and I haven't a clue how!" (acrylics)
Me: "ok let me have a look" (I'm mobile so I'm at hers).
Me: "oh are you moving house or something? You got a lot of things packed up!"
Customer: "yeah I've been doing it all my self and taking the wardrobe down was the worst cos I trapped my hand".

Hmmm duhduh!! Maybe that's what happend?!

Latest posts

Back