Your favourite Additives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I trained in Shellac recently and just tried my first additive (bronze blush) and love it! I want to purchase a few more but I like so many.

Which additives/shimmers are your favourite?

My absolute favorite additive is sizzling sand - I think it's from the paradise collection. U can use it over almost any colour - midnight swim, hotski, salmon run, electric orange, tutti frutti. The list is endless!! :)

And I forgot to add - cerulean blue and haute pink are amazing too. Can use them with cream puff, blackpool, dark lava. I have used the cerulean blue and SIzzling sands over hotski for an ombré effect that was stunning!

And I forgot to add - cerulean blue and haute pink are amazing too. Can use them with cream puff, blackpool, dark lava. I have used the cerulean blue and SIzzling sands over hotski for an ombré effect that was stunning!

Ooooooh! That sounds beautiful! Have you got any photos of that?

I trained in Shellac recently and just tried my first additive (bronze blush) and love it! I want to purchase a few more but I like so many.

Which additives/shimmers are your favourite?

I love the Dream Lily additive from the Flora & Fauna collection, it looks fab over everything!
I agree with nailcandymk Sizzling Sand is beautiful over everything too.
I also use Pink Gold Sparkle, Hummingbird Glitter and Spectrum Shimmer regularly.

I think everyone's favourites is anything sparkley! But after glittery ones I really like Metalicy pigments such as antique bronze, I have a blue one also which I can't remember the name, which look really nice faded into Blackpool.. To be honest though the are all nice, it's just down to personal preference of what colours you like, for example everyone loves sizzling sand which is from the paradise collection, but a lot of clients who like that one don't like any of the other vibrant neonish type colours that come in the collection but others do! I do wish they would release sizzling sand as an individual though! Also remember any pictures you see never do justice, in real life they always look 1000x more gorgeous, especially glitters! You just don't see the twinkle and shine :)
X

I wish they'd release the additives individually too, I'd buy lots more Dream Lily, Hummingbird and Sizzling Sand but I don't need (or want to pay for) any duplicates of the others in those collections as they aren't that popular with my clients.
I hope CND come to realise they're missing out on lots of sales by not selling the additives individually.
I agree, photos don't always do additives justice.

Thank you! I think I am really into glitters, metallics and neons but can't go head first buying them all!

Sizzling Sand and Demin Geode are my most used. SPARKLY!

I have lots of additives, but mostly use them as colour fade or ombre effect.

I'm not a lover of any full coverage over white as the tip can wear and show the White underneath. x

I think they will eventually sell sizzling sand individually, you can buy open road collection separately now so I have a feeling possibly next autumn or winter they'll allow us to purchase individually. Fingers crossed as its my fave 😍

Oops forgot to mention for those that don't want to buy a collection just to get Sizzling Sand, Liverpool Lashes has a you tube tutorial comparing SS to other similar additives. Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/yvkL-Jevh8Y

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425069192.048122.jpg

This is the cerulean blue over hotski with sizzling sand. I can't tell u how absolutely gorgeous it was in real life!! The pic does not do it justice.. Like mermaid or ocean nails :)

View attachment 82861

This is the cerulean blue over hotski with sizzling sand. I can't tell u how absolutely gorgeous it was in real life!! The pic does not do it justice.. Like mermaid or ocean nails :)

Beautiful, thank you for the picture. :biggrin:

Violet pearl additive is gorgeous over rock royalty & blackpool. Plush velour is over rimson sash here :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1425073755803.jpg
    1425073755803.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 1425073849256.jpg
    1425073849256.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 124
Denim geode is one of my fav's ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425115671.814531.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425115701.737000.jpg
These are both using denim geode ☺️

Latest posts