Your go to toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caddy-snips

Reaction score
Sorry I know there is a thousand posts about toners.
But does anyone have a go to toner, one that you always keep in stop that's good for most situations, I'm talking bleach and tone type situations?

I'm mobile so try not to carry an abundance of stock. And try to buy as I need for each individual after consultations, but it would be good to have a few must have/fail safe products to hand.
Thanks in advance. X

9/16 wella colour touch is great

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I tend to always have wella kp 10/16 and mix tone /81 handy if hair comes out too warm I mix a little /81 in the 10/16 but if it's a soft yellow just the 10/16 on it's own x

Yes the.9/60 in illumia is also lovely

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Loreal dia light 10.12 is mine. Lovely and clean x

Wella relights /86, or if it's very yellow I use 9/8 + 12/11 but literally for seconds

Always a 9/8 or a 10/16 x

Thank very much, really helpful, 10/16 will be purchased and added to just haves.
X

Wella 12/89 1:2 with pastel is beautiful!

Wella 12/89 1:2 with pastel is beautiful!

I personally wouldn't tone with special blonde the ammonia content is very high x

High lifts tints are not toners!
You can get the exact same colour result from a 10 line which in wella is used for toning with pastel x

It just blows the cuticle, fade quicker and feel pants.

Toning means putting colour in, highlifts are for lifting.

I'm loving 9.02, 9.13, 9.03

I use loads of elumen to tone, ab@9 gb@9 and sv@10

I mainly use the 9.5 series in Igora Royal (-1, -22, -4) but I do love the 10/16 and 9/8 in Wella.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Illumia 10/69, gets rid of any warmth. I find 9/60 quit over powering, i actually used it on my hair to create a lilac. I wouldn't use it to tone blonde, if they wanted to look natural.

Illumia 10/69, gets rid of any warmth. I find 9/60 quit over powering, i actually used it on my hair to create a lilac. I wouldn't use it to tone blonde, if they wanted to look natural.

If the hair is quite yellow it takes only about 5 minutes to get it to a nice blonde! I use 9/60 for a natural look you just have to really watch it

I love blondme toners, ice and lilac together are beautiful. I've just bought some wella toners in to try out.

I might try it again, because i see so many people saying they like it on here. But whenever ive used it on clients or seen other people use it, it leaves the hair a very pastel lilac.

Maybe we are leaving it too long, i just find if i use the 10 line its always more natural.

Latest posts

Back