Your last technician was a master? no pressure then

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Jeepers Creepers, I took a call last night from a lady wanting Creatives L&P. She has recently relocated from Halifax to near me, and she like a set of P&W sculpts after a long dicussion....

But it turns out her last technician was a Master Technician, who had 2 salons...... :Scared: and I am really really worried, as I am a realist and my nails are no where near the standard of a top notch technican..wots a girl to do....

I am sure she will be dissappointed with the finished, do I explain to her I am not as experienced as her last lady before i start is that just plain stupid :confused:

Don't worry hun, I'm sure we have all been in the position of doing a clients nails feeling that the nails may have been done by a more advanced technician than ourselves. If I were you I would tell her how you feel, explain that you are a dedicated technition who is constantly continuing her education in nails. This way if you are not 100% happy with the nails you can be confident that the client understands your still progressing and she can have confidence that you are only going to get better.

Try not to let the client talk too much about her other technician as this sometimes puts more pressure on me as it makes me feel like I'm being constantly compared.

I forgot to add - having read alot of your post I'm positive your nails will b just beautiful and the client will be begging for you to maintain her nails over Christmas!!!

Louise - I am sure you will do a fab job. Just think of the buzz you'll get when compliments you on the nails I am sure you will give her.

Doesn't matter who has done a new clients' nails before, as soon as they say their last tech's sets were fab with no probs I go into panic mode! I don't know why, I should just have more faith in my own work ............ it's exactly the same if a client rings a few days after they have had their nails done I immediately assume they are going to complain, and it's normally just to say thanks or to change their infill appointment. I just can't help being a paranoidal pessimist when it comes to my work!!Just let her know you're not a Master tech but you do take great pride in your work so if she isn't happy, or does experience probs then get in touch and you'll sort it until she is happy...... but I'm sure you will be fine and , just like me, are worrying about nothing. Let us know how you get on, and best wishes.

Sassy Hassy said:
Doesn't matter who has done a new clients' nails before, as soon as they say their last tech's sets were fab with no probs I go into panic mode! I don't know why, I should just have more faith in my own work ............ it's exactly the same if a client rings a few days after they have had their nails done I immediately assume they are going to complain, and it's normally just to say thanks or to change their infill appointment. I just can't help being a paranoidal pessimist when it comes to my work!!Just let her know you're not a Master tech but you do take great pride in your work so if she isn't happy, or does experience probs then get in touch and you'll sort it until she is happy...... but I'm sure you will be fine and , just like me, are worrying about nothing. Let us know how you get on, and best wishes.

I really dont thing I am worry about nothing though, I need some more one-2-ones on application, i can sculpt I feel okay get good smile lines, but I still some times get lifting and through either not enough pressure on application of beads or the product contact the clients skin....Its so frustrating...I just need a good winge.....

.thanks girls for the support,

its really appreciated...

Hi,

I think its really hard being a nail tech, and its normal to critisise your own work, or think you are perhaps not as good as the last tech. But its all good practise and its good as it keeps you on the ball. If we didnt give ourselves a hard time, we wouldnt be perfectionists, creating gorgeous nails, we would be some place where you can come and have some nails slapped on you in 1/2 an hour and then charge £50!
The only way to gain confidence in yourself is to learn, practice and use this site as much as poss!

I too was a person who was my own worst enemy, i really used to knock myself over the nails i produced, although my cleints were happy. I also gained a lot of clients from another nail tech, dont ask me why, but this tech was a creative master tech, who advertised herself as being the only creative technician where we live, which was untrue.
Anyway, i am now a creative master tech, and i am solidly booked up, so i think it speaks for my work.
Just practise, practise and you will become better, although im sure you are fine already!

Michelle

Creative Master Technician.

P.s,

A little trcik Justine Crick taught me as i was concerned about lifting.

When you have doen zone 3, drain the liquid from your brush on tissue, but do not wipe it, then go back around zone 3 press, press pressing. This way you do not inject more liquid or come into contact with the clients skin. I have done this on every client since, and i hardly ever ever get any lifting! Of course remember to scrub fresh each nail prior to application of l+p, for 5 seconds each before applying the L+P.

Michelle x

good tip...........will do that :p

Just incase anyone was wondering....

I treated my new client last night, and she was lovely...

Did a set of pink & white sculpts, which looked good...and she was pleased even give me a tip :D

even though it took me 2 hours, and clogged brush twice

Fingerscrossed they last...

and they only comparison she made was our speeds - which didnt freak me out thank goodness

its such a rollercoaster at the moment my skills and confidence up one day down the next.... :eek:

Latest posts

Back