Your Reputation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumpety Bump again :D

And another Bump.

There yet again, has been some fabulous advice and knowledge posted on here the last few days, I today have learnt that base coat does NOT prevent staining of the nail plate thanks to Geeg informing us on a thread, I was always taught by my tutors that it did!
I have tried to rep but as she gives such great advice so often I have to spread the love and can't rep her for it but others can :wink2:

Have you been given some great knowledge or learned something new or someone's helped you recently? If so, then please give them some Rep and not just a heart :hug: :)

And another Bump.

There yet again, has been some fabulous advice and knowledge posted on here the last few days, I today have learnt that base coat does NOT prevent staining of the nail plate thanks to Geeg informing us on a thread, I was always taught by my tutors that it did!
I have tried to rep but as she gives such great advice so often I have to spread the love and can't rep her for it but others can :wink2:

Have you been given some great knowledge or learned something new or someone's helped you recently? If so, then please give them some Rep and not just a heart :hug: :)

It doesn't?? I was always taught that too! Tell me more? Lol.

And regarding repping, I love repping people but I am always on the app. And when I do it on safari it doesn't work. Everytime I click to rep someone the pop up box comes up then the page refreshes. It's strange. I think it's something to do with pop up boxes though as its happened on other sites.

It doesn't?? I was always taught that too! Tell me more? Lol.

And regarding repping, I love repping people but I am always on the app. And when I do it on safari it doesn't work. Everytime I click to rep someone the pop up box comes up then the page refreshes. It's strange. I think it's something to do with pop up boxes though as its happened on other sites.

This is the thread here Lolly :)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/188392-best-base-coats-preventing-yellowing-nails.html

And that's a shame, maybe when people get the chance, they can just pop onto their laptop then :wink2: Maybe one day the app will have more features

I found it planky thanks :). I know, i don't know why. But when I am on the computer I go back and rep people when I remember what posts it was.

I've always been a little confused by the whole rep thing. I do understand how it works and I give out reputation whenever I feel it is due, but mine seems to never increase, even though I've had quite a few myself?

I've always been a little confused by the whole rep thing. I do understand how it works and I give out reputation whenever I feel it is due, but mine seems to never increase, even though I've had quite a few myself?

It increases after a certain amount of Rep received and I think you also get another blue box for each year you've been on here but don't quote me on that ;)

If yours isn't increasing and you feel it should have done, then there might be something wrong with your settings or something, so I'd just pop into My Forum and ask the mods to look into it for you xx

It increases after a certain amount of Rep received and I think you also get another blue box for each year you've been on here but don't quote me on that ;)

If yours isn't increasing and you feel it should have done, then there might be something wrong with your settings or something, so I'd just pop into My Forum and ask the mods to look into it for you xx

Thanks, I might do that. I'm not too concerned though, as long as everyone is receiving the rep I'm giving out :D x

Thank you so much Planky1 for putting this thread up. I really hadn't a clue about the reps or the hearts! xx

Also if you click on Other on the toolbar, then members list ou will bring up everyone on the site...but if you then click on the word reputation everyone will be listed by the amount of rep they have so you can see who has the most.

I do think hearts have taken over lately which is great to show you like a post, but to get rep points is still a sign you are really helping and being appreciated.

Also if you click on Other on the toolbar, then members list ou will bring up everyone on the site...but if you then click on the word reputation everyone will be listed by the amount of rep they have so you can see who has the most.

I do think hearts have taken over lately which is great to show you like a post, but to get rep points is still a sign you are really helping and being appreciated.

Agreed and is why I keep bumping up, we've all gone heart crazy and Rep is still so important. You can leave comments to express your agreement or gratitude for great advice given. I love giving Rep :D

And of course Geeg is at the top!:lol: And for good reason!!

I had no idea about reputation on here either, even when someone explained to me earlier what it was I still couldn't find it anywhere! but after reading this I can understand it all!
Thanks for this thread its great!! :biggrin::hug:

I had no idea about reputation on here either, even when someone explained to me earlier what it was I still couldn't find it anywhere! but after reading this I can understand it all!
Thanks for this thread its great!! :biggrin::hug:

Glad it's helped you :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes the hearting is good, but no one rep's anymore :-( I get loads of hearts but not reps waaaaa I want a million blue boxes :cry:

Thanks for the great advice, I am still learning so much about this site. (love this site by the way, it is extremely well designed and very professional) I just wish I was more au fait with technology!

I'm noticing lately that I am getting loads of hearts (thank you everyone) but no reps :sad: !! How are the notches under my avatar going to move up if I'm getting no reps? Or maybe I will just have to accept the fact that I am not making any useful contribution :lol:. Is it possible maybe to put in place something like so many hearts could equal 1 notch??? just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm noticing lately that I am getting loads of hearts (thank you everyone) but no reps :sad: !! How are the notches under my avatar going to move up if I'm getting no reps? Or maybe I will just have to accept the fact that I am not making any useful contribution :lol:. Is it possible maybe to put in place something like so many hearts could equal 1 notch??? just a thought.

Is this a possibility?

What happens to your reputation if the thread you've been repped on is removed/deleted by moderators. Do you lose the rep? I guess you do.

What happens to your reputation if the thread you've been repped on is removed/deleted by moderators. Do you lose the rep? I guess you do.
No you don't actually :biggrin:
You just can't follow the link back to the thread if it has been deleted, but you still keep your rep points. I think it shows as n/a in your list on the settings page if it has been deleted.

As for getting rep points for hearts accrued, I don't see that being a possibility I think Sam has other more pressing upgrades to be busy with ;)

Hearts are just a visible way to say well said and that you like a post I heart loads of posts a day, even ones that are just saying thank you to other geeks for helping, as I think good manners should always be rewarded.
Rep on the other hand I save for people who have really made me sit up and say Hear Hear ! Because they have been so insightful, constructive and helpful, I can also leave a comment for them that is private and just for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back