Your routine for male full body massages?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If have a super hair chap I tend to add coconut oil to my blend as it works better over the hair.

K xx

That's interesting Kirsty, thanks for the tip

I always ask if they wish to have their stomach done as I've found some (very few) people do not like their stomach being massaged

I always mention the stomach massage as I'm explaining to the client how to get ready. I say "I've given you an extra towel to pop over your chest so that when I pull the towel down to massage your tummy area I won't expose your chest" (female clients) and I would say about 70% of the time the client says "Oooh no I don't want my stomach doing!"

Is there some kind of taboo I don't know about? :lol: I guess maybe its like the foot thing... so many people can't stand their feet being touched!!

Each to their own I suppose :hug:

I always mention the stomach massage as I'm explaining to the client how to get ready. I say "I've given you an extra towel to pop over your chest so that when I pull the towel down to massage your tummy area I won't expose your chest" (female clients) and I would say about 70% of the time the client says "Oooh no I don't want my stomach doing!"

Is there some kind of taboo I don't know about? :lol: I guess maybe its like the foot thing... so many people can't stand their feet being touched!!

Each to their own I suppose :hug:

I know what you mean, some ladies dont like their stomach massage, I think its more of a confident/ body issue, and with those who do have it massage 7/10 times they make some comment about their tummy. x

I know what you mean, some ladies dont like their stomach massage, I think its more of a confident/ body issue, and with those who do have it massage 7/10 times they make some comment about their tummy. x
Totally agree,it's a shame really.

I tend to point out the benefits of having their tummy's massaged when doing their consultation and explain that it's very soothing,quite often this sways them when at first they refuse.I can physically feel the client tense up though when I first gently remove the towel from their abdoman.

Hey,
I do pretty much the same as I do my female clients, although, I avoid the stomach (apparently it can cause an erection) so this saves the poor bloke some embarrassment.

Also, at college, 6 years ago, I was taught to massage the leg just up to the knee, however, the thighs are the main part of the legs in need of a massage, but I just make sure I dont go too high.

I work with footballers and regularly have to massage and strap in the groin area. All I do is tell the boys to cover their bits with their hand. That way I don't accidently touch anything and you know exactly where everything is.

"Informed consent" , you tell them what you're doing, why you're doing it and they agree or don't and so you modify your routine, its an ongoing process throughout the massage. It prevents any misunderstanding, protects you and the client - whether they are male or female.

I've heard of other therapists that only massage 2" above the knee on male clients, the average length of the rec fem from origin to insertion on a man must be about 20" so in effect you are massaging only 10% of a muscle group!

I do the same as my female clients. You can't massage a guy to just above the knee, its ridiculous. I used to do stomach, but only really do it now if people have issues with constipation, and even then I ask if they want it done. I my experience clients want more on back or legs, but I usually ask if there is anywhere they'd like me to focus on and take it from there.

I never massage the abdomen or fronts of thighs - men or women. Glutes, yes for both genders.

I massage the same as for a female and I cover the man's chest up just as I do a woman's.

I work to the client's pressure request, and some clients do like a firm massage in the inner thigh.

Most male clients wear boxer shorts but I do have one that wears very tight pants!

If doing a FBM I do the stomach, but obviously in the consultation this would have been flagged up if they didn't. But think of all the lovely nerve endings that are missing out on a massage if you omit the stomach.

I generally use Sweet almond oil on everyone, but I do find that sometimes my hands tingle a lot after massaging a hairy area.

My hands tingle too.

To be honest, i stick to the same routine for everyone, adjusting to suit the client's needs. I go into my own little bubble where i kind of get tunnel vision, i'm so into the massage and feeling the client's body, if it is tight etc, that i don't even think, oh hang on this is a man.

I cover every area i'm not working on

My routine is generally, head/neck/chest, arms, stomach, front of legs/feet (turn over) back of legs (buttocks included if requested), back/shoulders/neck.

I said talc for when using the G5..... i certainly wouldnt use oil with this?! the hairs will wrap around and get tangled!! LOL

x

I am just about to finish my Swedish massage course at college (passed my first practical) and we are taught to include everything for the male client. This is due to the fact that they pay the same as a women for the service.

:)

Latest posts

Back