Your treatment room..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

british.jem

Reaction score
Hiya geeks,
I did a search but nothing came up, i just thought i would be interesting to see how different nail techs set up their treatment rooms?
How did you arrange you room if you work from home?
Did you get to arrange your own part of the salon or was it all set out for you? What would you change if you got the chance?

A couple of beauty salons near me are set up so badly:eek:, some are so squished and crowded. Im pretty sure there is some sort of health and safety violation with some of them lol.

Anyways just thought it would be interesing to see how others have set up their treatment rooms...

I'm intrigued with this thread as I too would like to hear as I love all the pretty bits people put in there treatment room and on couch but what do u do with them when u have a client ???

Whilst I only do male grooming, and not any nails I still think the treatment room layout and the couch is always very important.. its the first and often the lasting impression our clients have of our working environment.

I always dress my couch with clean cotton sheets, towels and couch roll on top if its a waxing treatment. I dress my couch with sea shells and decorative bits, and just takes a moment to remove these before I leave the client to prepare for their treatment and get on to the couch. I have a few pictures in my album.

Jack

Whilst I only do male grooming, and not any nails I still think the treatment room layout and the couch is always very important.. its the first and often the lasting impression our clients have of our working environment.

I always dress my couch with clean cotton sheets, towels and couch roll on top if its a waxing treatment. I dress my couch with sea shells and decorative bits, and just takes a moment to remove these before I leave the client to prepare for their treatment and get on to the couch. I have a few pictures in my album.

Jack

I just looked at your pictures, and i have to say its stunning! Looks so relaxing :)

You are an inspiration Jack x

Thank you.. I spend a lot of time in my treatment room so I like it be feel relaxing for me as well!!.. Jack x

Im the only nail tech in my salon so i have my own room, set up to suit me :D
I think its so important to have major input in the room as im in there almost all day everyday altho it must also be comfortable for clients too - i doubt theyd like to hear my music bursting their eardrums however much i do :p

Its a Hair, nails and beauty salon im in so i like to leave the door open for the girls to come in and join the chatter instead of being completely private altho i once worked with a girl who hated that!

Each to their own!

Linz x

Thank you.. I spend a lot of time in my treatment room so I like it be feel relaxing for me as well!!.. Jack x

hi :)

i just checked out your treatment room too and it looks amazing!!!! sooooooooooooo relaxing xx

Your room is absolutely gorgeous Jack---(wish I could get mine done up just like this but I do nails, tan and beauty. I just love the idea of the beauty couch been in the middle of the room and not just by the wall. I'm just about to set up a room. I do mainly nails, beauty and spray tan and wondering if any geek in the same situation has pictures to show. (it would greatly help in my decision) My room is a standard size but I'm struggling on how to set it up for all my treatments. I'll be the only one working there for now.

Any help highly appreciated.:)

Jack

Is your room square or rectangular etc?

Where can I view the pics-feel like I'm missing out!! Thanks! PGx

It's rectangle. Thanks

What are the biggest bits of equipment that you have?

Where can I view the pics-feel like I'm missing out!! Thanks! PGx

Lol, go to his private profile and he has an album of them. They are really stunning lol
Oh, incase you dont know how to go to his private profile, click on his username and a sort of drop down menu will appear :)

Hi Britishgem, I'd say my nail table, beauty couch, display cabinet for retail stuffs, my spray tan cubicle but I guess that can be folded and put away for as when I need to use it. I was also thinking of getting a double sofa or 2 single sofas and a side table as well. I do have quite a lot of stuffs but I guess I can store them away in the little storage. The storage has got wooden shelves fitted in already and there's also a little kitchen area where I can make some tea or coffee and its got a wash hand basin too but no window. Thanks:)

Hi Britishgem, I'd say my nail table, beauty couch, display cabinet for retail stuffs, my spray tan cubicle but I guess that can be folded and put away for as when I need to use it. I was also thinking of getting a double sofa or 2 single sofas and a side table as well. I do have quite a lot of stuffs but I guess I can store them away in the little storage. The storage has got wooden shelves fitted in already and there's also a little kitchen area where I can make some tea or coffee and its got a wash hand basin too but no window. Thanks:)

Well i deffinatly think the couches are a good idea for when clients are waiting or have got some friends come along with them. Im not sure about what area you live in BUT when i used to live back home i noticed alot of people felt kind of uncomfortable sitting next to people they did know, so maybe 2 single couches would be better then a double? That way people dont have to be sitting next to people they dont know if that makes sense? Also what is your most preferred treatment? Like what do you do the most? And your spray tan cubicle, is that one that can fit in a corner?

Thanks for the reply. I got my spray tan kit from Nouvatan as I trained with them. I'm also leaning towards buying the single sofa's and I think a tub sofa/chair would be nice. I've seen them around and they are about £119 each---wish I can find somewhere cheaper though.

I love doing waxing, spray tan, shellac, minx, manicure, lash extension and so on. My least favourite is full pedicure. I really enjoy doing a full manicure as well as crystal pedicure and rockstar toes and I really don't mind doing a quick pedicure too.

Also, the room has a curtain rail fitted to the ceiling, I think it was previously used that way where the beauty couch was against one end of the wall.

Thank for all contribution and help.:)

Wow you have alot of stuff lol. I would say that if you spray tan alot then definatly have that set up. If it will fit in the corner that would be good coz then you have more space for the rest of what you want to do. Do you take walk ins? The reason i ask is because if you do, say in nails for instance, you might not want to have someone walk in and ask for a manicure and then you have to run out and grab a table and wheel it in and then set it up all, does that make sense? Lol what im trying to say is, if you offer a walk in service for a particular treatment that it will be a good idea to make sure you have that treatment set up all the time just in case.

Where the curtain rail is, would be a good place to do any waxing or what not. Some people might be self consious and would rather a curtain be pulled around.

Oh and the couches would proberly be best off to one side of the room too, that way they arent directly in your way, nor is what your doing going to be in visitors face iykwim.

Hope that helps a little, i dont know what your area looks like but hope it helps somewhat :)

Thanks it does help. Yes I will be accepting walk ins if I'm not booked but the problem is I'm hoping to be accepting walk ins for all treatments except for eye treatments whereby I would have to do a patch test at least 24 hrs prior. I'll be putting some curtains up----do you have any idea of which is best and where I can get it from. Not sure if I should use a see-through kind of material. I've got 3 weeks till opening.

Thanks it does help. Yes I will be accepting walk ins if I'm not booked but the problem is I'm hoping to be accepting walk ins for all treatments except for eye treatments whereby I would have to do a patch test at least 24 hrs prior. I'll be putting some curtains up----do you have any idea of which is best and where I can get it from. Not sure if I should use a see-through kind of material. I've got 3 weeks till opening.

Do you have a colour scheme? I cant remember if you are renting the space or not?

To be honest not really. My flyers, logo and A1 poster has got black, white and gold. Although I do have the intension of painting the room white (my choice though) I think white would make it look bigger. I'm renting it for now. Thank you for all your help.

Latest posts

Back