Zoom teeth whitening - anyone had it done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claireh

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently was put on a course of antibiotics (Tetracycline) after stopping the pill, as my skin went crazy with all the hormones and I developed adult acne.

The Tetracycline have stained my teeth so badly despite the guidance leaflet saying it would only affect childrens milk teeth :cry: my teeth were lovely before and although it is only the side ones that are stained, I cannot bring myself to smile for photos with my mouth open and I feel really self concious that people will think I am dirty and don't brush my teeth!

Anyhoo I have been looking into having them whitened properly at a dentist (not the home kit) and quite a few of the local dental practises offer Zoom so I wondered if anyone has had it done and if so, did it work? Did it hurt? How long did it last for you? I want to get my pearly whites back!! :D

Hi

I would definately speak with your dentist and give it a try! Zoom is a very good system.

I used to work for a teeth whitening company some types of staining, such as tetracycline antibiotic staining, don't respond to bleaching as well as others. Bleaching, if successful, may take longer on tetracycline-stained teeth, but i would get advice from your dentist if im honest!

You will get your teeth back to their sparkly self and i totally understand it is a confidence thing! Definately go visit your dentist as i think it is worth every penny!

Hope this helps xx

Hi,

I recently was put on a course of antibiotics (Tetracycline) after stopping the pill, as my skin went crazy with all the hormones and I developed adult acne.

The Tetracycline have stained my teeth so badly despite the guidance leaflet saying it would only affect childrens milk teeth :cry: my teeth were lovely before and although it is only the side ones that are stained, I cannot bring myself to smile for photos with my mouth open and I feel really self concious that people will think I am dirty and don't brush my teeth!

Anyhoo I have been looking into having them whitened properly at a dentist (not the home kit) and quite a few of the local dental practises offer Zoom so I wondered if anyone has had it done and if so, did it work? Did it hurt? How long did it last for you? I want to get my pearly whites back!! :D

I've had zoom and it did make a difference. I felt very delicate that day though, like I had a electric storm in my mouth but the next day it had stopped. My teeth were several shades lighter without a doubt! Xx

thanks guys :)

I have a consultation on Wednesday to see if I am suitable for it and to have it all explained to me, can't wait! x

Be sure to ask about sensitivity! Several of my clients have had zoom whitening done and they had to take pain medication for many days afterwards. They said they were extremely sensitive to hot and cold after and even breathing in air hurt their teeth! They also said Advil/Tylenol didn't help and were taking Vicodin.

Latest posts

Back