Zoya polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma9383

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used zoya polish and where the best place is to get it?
I'm STILL trying to narrow it down to a normal polish brand I want to use. O.P.I have won so far. Literally tried everything and this is the last brand I would like to try

I use CND Vinylux myself, but I believe the UK distributors for Zoya are Supernail:

Supernail

Thank you Noodle :biggrin:, will check them out now.

Anyone use them and have feedback?

I used to use Zoya, OPI and Orly polished and I liked them all. Having said that, they have all been made redundant by CND Vinylux: no need for a base coat, completely dry in under 10 minutes, plus technology that sees it actually cure and toughen over time, so it's longer-lasting too! Add in the fact that it is not available in high street shops or on QVC (ONLY sold by nail professionals) and that it actually works out more cost-effective per application and I was sold. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Yeah, I've tried it and hated it, sorry :sad:

In my home studio I use Vinylux and OPI. To be honest I didn't get along with Vinylux unfortunately, even though the drying time is truly amazing. I still use them, but don't buy anymore colours. OPI I've used for years, since that's what my previous salon carried. I always loved it, as it applied great for me and lasted well for clients. But I have to say that lately it seems as their formulation has changed and all the new colours I bought have applied terribly! Very streaky, not shiny at all, until you apply a generous amount of top coat, and very hard to get that smooth professional result. I had to do 3 coats for some colours, which I've never had to do before, and obviously don't want to keep on doing. Not sure what's wrong with them, hopefully it was just an odd bunch.
As for Zoya-that's the brand my new salon uses. The colours are nice, it applies fine once I got used to it (their brush is like twice smaller then OPI's). But it's interesting how the colour's consistency changes from colour to colour. So I'd say some are much easier to apply then others. Also to me it seems to be thicker then any other polish I've used, and I apply it thicker for the colour to be even, but that doesn't seem to affect drying time. They don't use Zoya top coat though-they use Seche Vite, and nails seem to dry really fast without any help (they don't have dryers or fans there). It wears fine, to me seems about the same as OPI.
The great selling point about Zoya though is that it was the first company to remove toxic ingredients from their polish, I've even heard salon's clients mention how Zoya is more natural :)

Gel 2 do a polish with top coat, I haven't tried it as it's not available on their website yet, but worth considering as their Gel polish is great. x

In my home studio I use Vinylux and OPI. To be honest I didn't get along with Vinylux unfortunately, even though the drying time is truly amazing. I still use them, but don't buy anymore colours. OPI I've used for years, since that's what my previous salon carried. I always loved it, as it applied great for me and lasted well for clients. But I have to say that lately it seems as their formulation has changed and all the new colours I bought have applied terribly! Very streaky, not shiny at all, until you apply a generous amount of top coat, and very hard to get that smooth professional result. I had to do 3 coats for some colours, which I've never had to do before, and obviously don't want to keep on doing. Not sure what's wrong with them, hopefully it was just an odd bunch.
As for Zoya-that's the brand my new salon uses. The colours are nice, it applies fine once I got used to it (their brush is like twice smaller then OPI's). But it's interesting how the colour's consistency changes from colour to colour. So I'd say some are much easier to apply then others. Also to me it seems to be thicker then any other polish I've used, and I apply it thicker for the colour to be even, but that doesn't seem to affect drying time. They don't use Zoya top coat though-they use Seche Vite, and nails seem to dry really fast without any help (they don't have dryers or fans there). It wears fine, to me seems about the same as OPI.
The great selling point about Zoya though is that it was the first company to remove toxic ingredients from their polish, I've even heard salon's clients mention how Zoya is more natural :)

That's brilliant, thank you. Yes, I really struggled with Vinylux and didn't like it at all.
O.P.I I have found I need to apply 3 coats on some colours and yes, floating a load of topcoat makes it look great and gives the gel look but 3 coats isn't ideal. I bought 6 colours from them and I love Gelcolor so much and my Guinness pigs say their normal polish has lasted the longest.
Will order some zoya today if I can get an account open soon. I do like the fact they have removed all the nasties. Also, on the website they rate a lot of them 1-5 on how opaque the polishes are which is remarkably useful I think.

Gel 2 do a polish with top coat, I haven't tried it as it's not available on their website yet, but worth considering as their Gel polish is great. x

I got a colour of their normal polish at Olympia ( I went round every damn stall getting a base, colour and top of most brands, lol) they didn't have any top coat, so I also used it with sech vite. Not bad!

Hi there
I love using zoya polishes. Definitely prefer it to vinylux as I didn't get in with that at all due to finding it streaky. I purchase zoya polishes from www.trinityco.co.uk I found them at a small beauty show in cardiff at the beginning if the year and the service is fantastic. :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there
I love using zoya polishes. Definitely prefer it to vinylux as I didn't get in with that at all due to finding it streaky. I purchase zoya polishes from Home page I found them at a small beauty show in cardiff at the beginning if the year and the service is fantastic. :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Hun :D

I love zoya polish, prefer to opi and i really dont like vinylux. I use with the lumps top and base coat. I find them really opaque and easy to apply. Colours are lovely :D

Latest posts

Back