Anybody used Louise Walsh International make-up brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also surely something under the distance selling must apply here regarding a refund

I have not bought these brushes from Groupon but have been following this thread.

I have just been on the Louise Walsh website and will paste below what it says about the Groupon offer...

GROUPON
REDEMPTION ISSUE

if you have had problems redeeming your voucher please retry as there has been a system error. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but please try again.

What a disgrace, I really hope you all get a refund...its a joke and had completely put me off buying from Groupon and indeed from Louise Walsh.

Good luck!! ;)

GUYS I have been given a full refund!
This is what i did: I started a paypal claim and also Emailed groupon saying " bought the Louise Walsh Makeup Brush set and I would like my money back.
They do not answer at all with any form of contact, there brushes are poor quality, very dirty and also not even as discribed!
Please contact me back about this issue and I would like to get it fixed right away!"

They then offered to give the groupon credits or a refund back to the payment method.
So replyed saying I want my money refunded
and then today got paypal saying the case was closed as the money was refunded boooyaa =]
Groupon has to act if they are going to be loosing the money =]

every time I see this post I snigger because I skim read it as Louis Walsh!

I didn't pay via paypal which I'm now kicking myself at. When I receive the brushes as still not got mine I'll email groupon again

Hey c1emen7s, no its not a foundation brush, its more like a blusher brush (not got it infront of me to give more exsact) but foundation brushes should be flat looking not fluffy.

@nicoletakemeout Mac dont do makeuo brush sets =] and when they do whichis rare its limited edition and smaller in size i belive? (or maby thats another company) but M.A.C appart from that are buy individual brushes =] x

And just to update you all, Groupon has said they would give me a full refund, tho there is also a paypal claim going through so will see which one ends first ^.^

Ah ok thanks. I've emailed Groupon now asking for my money back. Do you know if they cover cost of return?

And ditto about MAC brushes - they seem to have some brush sets but they're only like 5/6 brushes max.

Anyone know any brush sets they can recommend?

Im so glad I started this thread now & I hope its helped some of you

When you ask for a refund will you have to return the brushes?

I have learnt one thing from this expereince well two actually -

1. I am NEVER using Groupon again
2. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't true! I mean come on £99 brushes selling for £19 what was I thinking!

I am angry at myself!!

I have also complained to groupon about these issues. There first response was very apologetic and i was offered a refund to paypal or groupon vouchers. I responded asking for a paypal refund. The next email i received from groupon was very odd and stated that i had not received my brushes due to an error!!? Got my refund last night! Yeah! Glad i never received the brushes now!
What a shambles!

I got my brushes yesterday - shocking quality! they are like the quality you'd get in a cheap make up set - 2 of the eyebrow brushes are doubled up the same, the hair is not tight and compact so totally useless. I just rang Gropon directly to complain and they are going to refund me.

I would recommend just ringing them if you want to complain rather than email, they sorted mine out straight away over the phone and my refund was on my card within 24hrs HTH x

Last edited:
I decided to take a leaf out of your books and ring Groupon. I waited 28 minutes in a queue only to be cut off! I am now on hold once again - am being assured I am moving up the queue - are all these customer service officers dealing with complaints I wonder ?

I have also learned a lesson and will NEVER deal with Groupon again.:Scared:

c1emen7s if you want some good brushes for cheep get your hands on e.l.f studio ones, £3.50 for a brush and they are AMASING quality (become a friend on facebook and they post up discounts!) serisly i strongly recomend getting some to at least try out! stipple brush is amasing so is the flat top powd brush, best of all there animal friendly =]
Also the Body Shop ones are really good too but id go e.l.f over them =]

Also I never had to give back my brushes and i got a refund, they said on the email that i had trouble with the voucher, to be honest i think thats a cover up for there own back to claim back from lousie.

@Tinaballarina I woudnt cut groupon out all together, just be very careful what you get from there and stick to well known brands, and if its something for a shop near you phone them first before you buy =]

ALSO i recomend paypal everybody when you buy fro groupon or any other websites like this, makes getting the money back so much easyer.
I was guarenteed a refund because paypal would have sided with me because i showed effort to try and make a diffrence but they blanked contact =]

I never did get through to anyone on the phone. I have e mailed Groupon and not had any response so tomorrow I will start a dispute with my Credit Card company.

I will unsubscribe to Groupon once this is settled.

Sunshinedoll there is a weeks backlog on groupon email they seem to be getting quick now so it might take a few days for them to email you x

Where can you get e.l.f brushes from?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Got a fairly quick response from groupon support. Unfortunately they seem to have no record of my purchase relating to my email account (apparently) despite making it through that email, but having provided them with the info they requested, hopefully they'll sort it out.

I didn't pay through paypal or credit card either, just through my visa debit card but hopefully it'll all work out ok!

I ordered 2 sets of the brushes on 21 Aug. it has been a month and i still have not had them delivered. I have tried to contact Louise Walsh International and received no response. I have emailed group on 3 times and they keep saying that wait a little longer, the company is reputable and that they will look into it. They also say that they have a 7 day return policy and after that date they don’t give cash refunds on credit on their website to buy a different deal. I am so annoyed with the lot of it. I originally ordered a set for my mum birthday which passed on 10 Sept and so i had to buy a different gift. I will not be using Groupon again. I also sent an email to the BBC watchdog show. I don't know if they will look at this but i hope they do. Both groupon and Louise Walsh International need to receive publicity so people know what they could be letting themselves into.

I'm so glad I found this thread!! I redeemed my voucher on 30th August. It said 10-15 working days for delivery which seemed reasonable. Finally received them on 19th September (cutting it fine!) and I was pleased they arrived but VERY disappointed with the product!

No way would I have paid anything near £99 for these. I thought, oh well, they're only £19 but hang on! Just like another reply mentioned - we thought we all ordered a very good quality product! How many of us would have bothered otherwise? I haven't used them yet. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in some of the brushes. Like many have said - NO foundation brush! The case also comes with this hideous clear plastic flap (2 of them) I ripped one out thinking it was a packaging thing, then I close the case and woops half the brushes fell out. So then moved the second nasty plastic flap to go over the brushes.

Another awful thing was that when I opened the package, out came the set - but where's my delivery note? Literally NOTHING else in the package. I've not ordered with Groupon before but this is terrible.

So to sum up:

- Poor delivery service
- No foundation brush as claimed
- No 'Silver Ferules'
- No branding (I'd expect this for £99)
- Rubbish quality case (not the leather as I knew it wasn't real)
- Brushes look poor quality
- General misleading sale of product
- WHERE DO I GET MY REFUND?

They might as well have said 'Hey, buy some make-up brushes for really cheap but we're going to send you a set of toothbrushes instead! Because it's cheaper for us!'

Furious.

groupon are being difficult. happy to refund but say i need to return the brushes and would not be covered for p&p costs.

How did you guys get full refunds without having to return? Groupon don't even know where I can return them to! This is so outrageous.

I'm just so upset that I didn't purchase them through paypal or cc.

Last edited:
I just emailed groupon I willlet you know how long they take to get back to me!

I said in my email that If they don't respond to me within 5 working days I will be going to trading standards.

Will keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back