first attempt at GEL IT!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
here is my first attempt at gel it.(one hand last night, one hand this morning)
its really lovely to work with, i applied glitter to my tips first then ezflows gel it.
i know they are quite long for gel nails, but i like long nails so i will be able to test myself on the strength of gel it.
i was surprised when i opened the box containing the uv lamp.........loads of extras :D . must say i am really impressed with the gel it kit itself lovely packaging.
has anyone else had a bash.

They look fab Joanne :D Well Done

yeah they do look great, i like long nails too xxxx

I love longer nails too - well done - they look gorgeous

joannerowsell said:
its really lovely to work with, i applied glitter to my tips first then ezflows gel it.
i know they are quite long for gel nails, but i like long nails so i will be able to test myself on the strength of gel it.
i was surprised when i opened the box containing the uv lamp.........loads of extras :D . must say i am really impressed with the gel it kit itself lovely packaging.

Hiya Joanne - they look gorgeous!

I have to admit I too ordered the Gel It kit (but dont talk to me about the fact that I got a flyer shortly after receiving the gels to say the lamp is now free :irked: ).

Gel It does seem incredibly strong - I applied it to one of my dodgy nails and, like you, made it quite lengthy and no problems at all so I am very impressed. I love all the colours bar Cover It (way too bubblegum for my liking) and Finish It is a lovely sealant, especially with no dispersion layer to remove. What did you think of the wipes - now these I am really pleased with and will definitely be rushing back for more - yes, its the little things that impress me sometimes :o .

I could just kick myself really because just as I say I'm going to streamline my range and stick to the one company, I try something else out actually hoping I won't be impressed and keep me on track but Gel It has kind of made that a whole lot harder again!!

They're really lovely Joanne :D .

May I ask how you applied the glitter to the tips, and did the glitter stay put when you applied the gel?

I am hoping to give this a try soon, so any hints would be helpful - thanks.

hi karen, i usually use boogie nights when i do l and p, but descided to try the nsi way i saw in recent flyer as i have loads of pots of loose glitters
i brushed resin on my tip then dipped it in glitter (basically i cheated) but it worked brilliantely(really nice and thin coating) and when i cut throught the tip and glitter with my tip cutters the glitter didnot crack,
when they were dry i then applied the tip too myself, as the glitter had dried with the resin there was no glitter in my gel.

joannerowsell said:
hi karen, i usually use boogie nights when i do l and p, but descided to try the nsi way i saw in recent flyer as i have loads of pots of loose glitters
i brushed resin on my tip then dipped it in glitter (basically i cheated) but it worked brilliantely(really nice and thin coating) and when i cut throught the tip and glitter with my tip cutters the glitter didnot crack,
when they were dry i then applied the tip too myself, as the glitter had dried with the resin there was no glitter in my gel.

Excellent - thanks Joanne :hug:

can someone please tell me where i could order one of the GEL IT KITS

from i would really like to try one.

thank you

emma

california nails at bolton 01204 412001
[email protected] they are really helpful there

there is an offer on them at the mo as the other thread prev said, look at prev thread for the number!!d
emma m said:
can someone please tell me where i could order one of the GEL IT KITS

from i would really like to try one.

thank you

emma

Caroline could you or Joanne tell us the contents of the Gel It kits please :hug:

they look very fabio, well done. glad you like the kit and all the freebies , i was suprised how much you get makes it real value for money, dont you think?
joannerowsell said:

realky glad that you like the system, didi you pop to the stand at excel at see danny and david........ the two very hand some amercians!!
Hollyballoo said:
Hiya Joanne - they look gorgeous!

I have to admit I too ordered the Gel It kit (but dont talk to me about the fact that I got a flyer shortly after receiving the gels to say the lamp is now free :irked: ).

Gel It does seem incredibly strong - I applied it to one of my dodgy nails and, like you, made it quite lengthy and no problems at all so I am very impressed. I love all the colours bar Cover It (way too bubblegum for my liking) and Finish It is a lovely sealant, especially with no dispersion layer to remove. What did you think of the wipes - now these I am really pleased with and will definitely be rushing back for more - yes, its the little things that impress me sometimes :o .

I could just kick myself really because just as I say I'm going to streamline my range and stick to the one company, I try something else out actually hoping I won't be impressed and keep me on track but Gel It has kind of made that a whole lot harder again!!

i did caroline also watched them in the forum.....lush arent they
with the lamp you get lamp , finish it top coat, speed finish and timer.
with gel kit you get french it,clear it,white it,blush it,pink it,edge it cover it.
gel brush, finish it, cleanse it, pot of wipes (lovely) bond, primer, resin, fox, wolf file, 20 perfection ,classic french,leisure tips and spatula.
lovely packaged

did you do that from memory....... bit like the generation game .... thats if you are old enough to remember that!!!!!
joannerowsell said:
i did caroline also watched them in the forum.....lush arent theywith the lamp you get lamp , finish it top coat, speed finish and timer.
with gel kit you get french it,clear it,white it,blush it,pink it,edge it cover it.
gel brush, finish it, cleanse it, pot of wipes (lovely) bond, primer, resin, fox, wolf file, 20 perfection ,classic french,leisure tips and spatula.
lovely packaged

it wont be long for the boys to be back in town!!!!!!! there may be q!!!!!!!!!!!!

very very nice joanna, i'm impressed:D

xx

ah thanks antony

They're lovely Joanne, I haven't used Boogie Nights on myself for a couole of months now, got the itch to do them again after seeing yours!

Jackie

Latest posts

Back