Izettle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine on Friday

I have an izettle, however the two times I have gone to use it, my client gave me visa, I sent the text but although she had 3G she clicked on the
Ink but nothing happened! Bit of a waste of time.

I used my "sum up" (the same thing as izettle) to take a visa payment and for it to go through I had to give my client my password for my wifi, it's not a great system really and quite a slow process! Does the MasterCard payments go through the same way?

I don't have wifi in my salon, I was going to do it through my 3G...so does that mean it won't work? X x x

Well I have 3G and it wasn't working, it's very disappointing!

Blimey, 2.75%! On my turnover that would add up to 2 GRAND a year in charges!
At the moment I pay just over a thousand.
I use CCS for my card processing. Just shout if you need the details!

I think this is aimed more at the likes of mobile therapists that don't always need to use it. Just on the odd occasion.

I know that's all I'll be using it for. Won't be advertising i have it, but will be whipping it out if a client says they have no cash on them lol x

I used it for the 1st time today with a visa card, bit of a pain as i had to give my client my wifi code so she could access the web page but otherwise all good, I wont be using it very often but at least it gives me the option!

Ive been using mine with just 3G and not had any problems yet. On tuesday one client wanted to use it but for some reason her phone would not allow her to input the security 3 digit number. No idea why but she just did a transfer with online banking. Another possibility if anyone gets problems with the gadgets. ;)

Blimey, 2.75%! On my turnover that would add up to 2 GRAND a year in charges!
At the moment I pay just over a thousand.
I use CCS for my card processing. Just shout if you need the details!

Yes please I would be interested in ccs. Thanks

Hi just reading about izettle from you guys. I haven't looked into it but it sounds like a device for mobile workers rather than salon use, am I right ?

Thanks Lynne! X

I just phoned CCS for a quote and it's a really good deal. They only tie you in to a 12 contract unlike 3 years for most others - £27 + VAT 1.3 % for CC and 16p for DC. Price includes PCI DDS compliance fee for first year and accidental damage and theft insurance. Best deal I've seen so far.

Sorry if this has been asked already but does your client have to have a smartphone to use this too? Most people have them nowadays but not everyone does.

Just received my izettle :) and just having a quick look and I've noticed there's a cash payment option too and you can view your records by day or month.. This could be handy to keep a record monthly :) xxx

Received mine yesterday currently using pay zone mobile card machine which doesn't hold charge and rarely connects nightmare. Just verified my bank and excited to use it for the first time. Has anyone had problems receiving payment or is it as it says and paid in daily?

Anyone seen the new izettle card reader ?? It has a chip and pin and works for all the cards including visa. It is a bit more expensive though at about £60... Any thoughts ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if you look worldpay are doing free chip/pin machines iPhone/android compatible with debit card transactions for 65p and credit cards 3.3% - another option to consider

Latest posts

Back