Izettle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I thought I'd give you all an update on how my iZettle is going!

So I've had it since November and have used it 4 times - because that's how many times a person has handed me a card!
I've saved myself a fortune because of not having to pay a monthly fee for something I'm not using enough.

Although I will be buying the chip and pin reader they've bought out now because last night (first time it's happened) my client didn't have her phone so had to give me cash when she would have used credit card.
:) x

Hi, I thought I'd give you all an update on how my iZettle is going!

So I've had it since November and have used it 4 times - because that's how many times a person has handed me a card!
I've saved myself a fortune because of not having to pay a monthly fee for something I'm not using enough.

Although I will be buying the chip and pin reader they've bought out now because last night (first time it's happened) my client didn't have her phone so had to give me cash when she would have used credit card.
:) x

Hi, there!

I'm considering getting this but I was wondering why the client has to have their phone with them?

Thanks

Well because the way it works with visa without the new chip and pin reader is that you send a message to the client (via the app) and she then clicks the link and fills in her card details.

If I had my head on properly I suppose I could've sent the message to my own phone and filled out her card details myself buuuuuuuut I don't know if it would've worked and I was a little thrown that she came out without her phone :p x

Well because the way it works with visa without the new chip and pin reader is that you send a message to the client (via the app) and she then clicks the link and fills in her card details.

If I had my head on properly I suppose I could've sent the message to my own phone and filled out her card details myself buuuuuuuut I don't know if it would've worked and I was a little thrown that she came out without her phone :p x

I'm not sure whether my clients might think thats a bit intrusive (a faff)...some of them have an issue with filling out consultation forms, so I'm sure there will be some sort of issue with that :/

I'm not sure whether my clients might think thats a bit intrusive (a faff)...some of them have an issue with filling out consultation forms, so I'm sure there will be some sort of issue with that :/

Like I say, that's why I'm getting the chip and pin reader lol

If you want to see what the message and form look like without the reader PM me your mobile number and I'll send you a payment request. Obviously you'd cancel it, unless you really want to pay me :p hehe

Actually here, I sent my phone a payment request lol.
first is the message I sent, second is when I clicked the link. x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361904764.523175.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361904764.523175.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 154
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361904814.076883.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361904814.076883.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 153
I have a izettle card reader suitable for an android. If you look on their website it gives you a detailed list of which android phones are compatible.

I took my first payment today. It was a visa payment and it was easy peesy. Thrilled to be offering this as a further payment option and even more thrilled that I only pay when I use it!

I have the card reader and have used it quite alot since recently having it. It's such an easy way to offer card payments without the hassle of contracts and monthly fees which I didn't want whilst starting up at a new place.
The only thing that annoyed me was that the text is sent to the client and I found this a bit less professional. On some occasions the client has typed in her details on her phone and pressed 'pay' and it hasn't happened!
Does the new chip and pin reader work with no text involved and the same for visa/MasterCard etc?

I think the new chip & pin reader works for most cards including visa. I'm thinking of getting one, only thing is the reader costs £49 +vat

I just bought the card reader :) I think it's more professional not having to send texts and sometimes doesn't work which causes more hassle.
Ill let you all know how I get on - may not be here for another 10 days to 5 weeks! X

Hi everyone,

I've had IZettle with the card reader for approx 12 weeks.
It's great for Mastercard, but you still have to go through all the hassle of sending a text for Visa, and all but 1 transaction has been Visa!
Last week a clients phone went flat, so she had to pay me later, lucky she was honest. And as regards clients who aren't so "phone savvy" they struggle to type in or see all the numbers and end up getting it wrong, anyway.
If it was a case of banging a card in and off you go it would be great, but it's not that simple and straightforward, and if they've forgot their phone, you've blown it.:sad:

Hi everyone,

I've had IZettle with the card reader for approx 12 weeks.
It's great for Mastercard, but you still have to go through all the hassle of sending a text for Visa, and all but 1 transaction has been Visa!
Last week a clients phone went flat, so she had to pay me later, lucky she was honest. And as regards clients who aren't so "phone savvy" they struggle to type in or see all the numbers and end up getting it wrong, anyway.
If it was a case of banging a card in and off you go it would be great, but it's not that simple and straightforward, and if they've forgot their phone, you've blown it.:sad:
Hi
Sounds like you have had a mare with the original reader :( I got the chip and pin reader last week and its fab , Visa just goes straight through like everything else .

I've used my izettle a few times, I just send the text to my phone, then I'm not faffing about with confused clients and I'm not making them use their Internet! All have Worked fine and taken 6 working days to reach my bank

I think I'm going to have to contact them as nearly 3 weeks since first payment and nothibg arrived in my bank as yet, definitely regret getting it, so much faffing about.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi
Sounds like you have had a mare with the original reader :( I got the chip and pin reader last week and its fab , Visa just goes straight through like everything else .

Hi, just wondering if the chip and pin reader is mobile, for example if I had to leave the salon and do a bridal party at a venue?

Thanks!

Yeah it is mobile. Works via bluetooth I think I read. Whereas the other reader plugs into your device. X

Ah I see, that's good to know, I think I'm gonna go for it, only down side is the initial £60 but im hoping it'll be worth it!

Latest posts

Back