Lash lift help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanejayne

Reaction score
Hi,
Last night I did a lash lift with salon systems kits.
I'm feeling really disheartened with the results..
I want to get the right up!!! Like straight up..
I used a small shield followed all my instructions like I always do.
I'm thinking of maybe swapping to lvl instead of just "lash lift" by salon systems.
What do you suggest?
I have attached photos...
Thanks xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458815634.099101.jpg

LVL is just a brand name really so probably won't make a huge difference. have you used salon systems effectively before? Could it be possible your products have gone off?? I know the bottles have a fairly short shelf lift which is why I prefer the sachets.
If you did everything the same and your products are fine, it could just be that this client's lashes dont take the lift so well.

I never had any problems with lifts then I did one client and the results were non existent. I was so upset! Then she said "Oh I've had perms in my hair and they never worked either"!!!

LVL is just a brand name really so probably won't make a huge difference. have you used salon systems effectively before? Could it be possible your products have gone off?? I know the bottles have a fairly short shelf lift which is why I prefer the sachets.
If you did everything the same and your products are fine, it could just be that this client's lashes dont take the lift so well.

I never had any problems with lifts then I did one client and the results were non existent. I was so upset! Then she said "Oh I've had perms in my hair and they never worked either"!!!

I use sachets too.
She's had lvl and she said her lashed were literally upright!
I was praying for a miracle haha!
These are ones I have done before...
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458841792.773067.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458841844.841056.jpg

Any advice?
Thanks x

I've had it work better on some people than on others, could it be that they needed a little longer? Maybe the lashes were a little coarser?x

Ive always used LVL on clients & have never had a problem. Some lashes dont look as effective but usually its older ladies with thinner, sparse lashes so not a problem with the products...

I disagree that LVL lotions are the same as others- ive used other brands on me (i do my own lvls every 6 weeks) and other lotions are different colours (lvl are all perlescent white not a vile pink/blue) and the smell of some of them were so strong they stung my eyes!

I honestly think you get what you pay for.... Xx

How on earth do you do your own LVL?!

Speaking from LVL as not done other lash lift, I hardly use a small sheild as I find a much better loft with medium and also making sure there's absolutely no gap between the sheild and lash line X

I'm desperate to find another lash lift system that works as well as LVL (because there is so much wastage of product with LVL) but I've yet to find anything as good, and I've tried quite a few. So I've come to the conclusion that it's the best, and worth the expense.

Speaking from LVL as not done other lash lift, I hardly use a small sheild as I find a much better loft with medium and also making sure there's absolutely no gap between the sheild and lash line X

Oh so you recommend not to use small then? xx

Thanks ladies!!!
I am sure they aren't all the same to. I shall invest in an lvl kit I think and give that a try. I'm only charging £20 at the moment whilst I'm still new to it all. Xx

How on earth do you do your own LVL?!

Slowly

Usually one eye at a time & ive adapted the shields by trimming off the scalloped bit at the top. Works a treat! The first few times were fiddly but Ive done it so much its easy now :) xx

Aww, some of my emojis disapeard :(

I agree there is a bit of waste, but i think thats what makes it work so well- not big bottles that are opened to spoil, each sachet is sealed.

In a perfect, busy world theres no wastage- i got 3 treatments & 3 patch tests out of one set of sachets this week! Was well chuffed as it brought my costs right down, if only it worked like that all the time!xx

how did u keep sachet after one treatment ? don't they get oxidise as soon as u open them

a friend needed a model for lash lift so I went and she did lash lift on my lashes . one is more lifted than other and also all my lashes r joined up together which looks horrible. anyone any suggestion how to get rid of it as I absolutely hate it

I seal the top with micropore tape & pop them into an air tight container & they are fine :)

The lashes usually stick together straight after the treatment due to the conditioning serum being oily. I usually explain this & leave a disposable brush with the client so they can brush upwards through the lashes a couple of times to 'fan' them out again.

The serum usually wares off by the next day, are they still stuck together? Xx

I usually use the salon system sachets but bought the pots this month. The results are nowhere as good as when I use a fresh sachet per person. I dont like to reuse even if covered in cling film as they dont work as well. Be sure to get it right down to the root of the hairs with both the perm and the fix lotions and do them for the same amount of time. I usually need 15 mins each. Then I only tint for 3 mins and apply the conditioner before I use damp cotton pads and that seems to help.

I use salon systems and have had fab results. I use the sachets and unless I have another client on the same day I don't re-use the sachet. Always use the medium curl moulds and leave products on for 15 mins. I actually do a lash tint prior to the lift? Does anyone else do this? Otherwise, how do you tint the bottom lashes?

Try Elleebana lash lift its fab and quite cost effective.. Ive had fab results with that..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462513758.636114.jpg

Latest posts

Back