More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone needs a bit of motivation, check Hollie Power's blog out on her website.

Thanks for this!! Will help a lot!

Sent from my D5833 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good time to have another read of this.

Does anyone have an idea for someone who only offers lash extensions?
I'm training in more through the year but really need help getting people for lashes.
I do them from home
I've signed up to all the free listings given on here and I have Facebook Twitter and Instagram. I'm currently finishing my website too

Anyone any ideas though for example with emailing other businesses?
Thanks in advance and I love this thread!!!

Jeez I had forgot about this thread! Marking place for later.

Bumping again for ideas later.

I was driving past a local wedding dress shop today and thought "aha!" so I dropped in and had a little chat with the owner (a lovely lady called Michelle). The result? She's taken some of my flyers and I've invited her for a free treatment so she can see what I do, and we're going to work together to provide our brides/prom queens with the whole package.
Think laterally!
:)
I'm impressed. I'm not sure I'd be confident enough to do that!

Just re reading this thread as I am almost qualified now in my Level 3 massage and Level 2 nails so I am looking to properly launch my mobile business on a larger scale in summer (rather than just doing friends, family, friends of friends, facebook contacts)-I am fully insured to do this-don't worry ;-)

Jeez I had forgot about this thread! Marking place for later.

Why don't you make this a "Watched Thread", that'll save you from having to mark it.

Lol yes I should do that! How do you do that again?

Lol yes I should do that! How do you do that again?

Scroll up to the thread header, then tap Watch Thread.

You can do this with as many threads as you like, then all you need to do is tap Watched Threads each time you log in and they'll pop up. You can even customise your Alerts to be notified of updates if you want.

Hope that helps.

Brilliant! :D thank you for that!

In October we were so quiet, I really did start to panic!
So I decided to put my thinking cap on and come up with a new way to promote my salon. I didn't have any sort of budget, so it had to be free!

In the end I googled local companies that had quite a number of employees and then picked up my telephone! I spoke to the receptionist of about 20 organisations, explained I owned a local beauty salon and that I would like to offer a discount to all of their employees. I asked who would be the best person to speak to, and I managed to get through to someone on each call. I then emailed over a poster, which I designed myself on Word, offering an introductory discount for initially using our services and a standard discount to be used thereafter.
By the end of the week I had booked up the whole of my next week!
Just goes to show you what you can do with a little creativity! :)

I know this is an older post but I think it's a bloody fab idea!!
Struggling with getting bums on seats so searching through this thread for more ideas!

As a massage therapist I pretty much just end up with perverts off gumtree lol

Hello

I want advertise through SMS marketing and Loyality schmes , can you please provide me with any good companies do this specially for salon's

Sally

Hello

I want advertise through SMS marketing and Loyality schmes , can you please provide me with any good companies do this specially for salon's

Sally
We use a company called Text Local for SMS marketing.

Afternoon geeks! Came across fb page called Female Entrepreneurs Association. Looks like it might be worth a look so I've liked it. There's a website coming soon and I've submitted details to be notified when it does. Give it a like and see.

Afternoon geeks! Came across fb page called Female Entrepreneurs Association. Looks like it might be worth a look so I've liked it. There's a website coming soon and I've submitted details to be notified when it does. Give it a like and see.
Hiya!
I also follow them on Fb and their website is great as well. I love her videos and advice!
Also check out Marie Forleo! She is amazing!!!

Hi everyone,

I know this thread is really old but I have just started up my mobile beauty business and I wanted to know what is the best way to get a website done?

I don't have a big budget so something really cheap but of good quality would be great.

What do you guys suggest?

Latest posts

Back