Professional Beauty 2014 Excel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not been to any shows yet so very excited for this one. I know the S2 stand is going to be mega busy, so was just wondering is there any advantage to buying stuff there on the day rather than ordering online. Will they have things there not available online or vat free etc?

On pro beauty's website there is a list of the company's click on each company and some of them tell you what offers they've got on :)

On pro beauty's website there is a list of the company's click on each company and some of them tell you what offers they've got on :)

Thanks Kayy.

Not been to any shows yet so very excited for this one. I know the S2 stand is going to be mega busy, so was just wondering is there any advantage to buying stuff there on the day rather than ordering online. Will they have things there not available online or vat free etc?

S2 never do VAT free (or 20% off to be more correct) but they do do various packages on things that if it is a product that you were buying anyway, then it is worth it. You may also get a little freebie in your bag, last time it was a mini Vinylux colour and topcoat duo. I didn't think much of the special offers at Olympia back in September, but last year at Excel the offers were great. Make sure you check both your receipt and that you have everything packed in your bag that you ordered at the desk as it's much easier to rectify mistakes there and then.

I applied for tickets last year for this... For me an my boyfriend .. I've had nothing back but my boyfriends had a letter to say don't miss out an get your tickets?!, so confused ... Xx

I applied for tickets last year for this... For me an my boyfriend .. I've had nothing back but my boyfriends had a letter to say don't miss out an get your tickets?!, so confused ... Xx

I've now received my 3rd reminder not to miss out on tickets yet replied to the silver one well before the 'last chance' date of 31st Jan... I'm confused too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

This always happen and I always end up ordering more tickets and then end up with lots of tickets!! If you have your confirmation email or even just your number when you registered that is all you need, just take it to the desk

I'm pretty miffed. I got a parking permit last year for Excel and none this year. :irked: I need to drive there, it's way too cold to sit on the tube and DLR in February!

Really want to attend but feeling that as i amjust starting out thatI will be a little out of my depth??? Thoughts xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Really want to attend but feeling that as i amjust starting out thatI will be a little out of my depth??? Thoughts xx

You should go I went to beauty uk last year when I was still at college and got a few things but can't wait go pro beauty as there's so much more there...

I'm pretty miffed. I got a parking permit last year for Excel and none this year. :irked: I need to drive there, it's way too cold to sit on the tube and DLR in February!

Is it easy to get to driving? I've never drove near London!!! X

We drove through central London after dropping our bags off at the hotel and it was simple with satnav. I wouldn't try it without it though.

This will be the first pro beauty that I've been able to go to so I'm very excited! I have been looking for a hotel and was just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in the ones near excel. Are they any good, or is there too much noise from the trains? I want to be near enough not to have to drive or get the train on the day. We did that when we went to the Motor Show years ago and it was horrendous. Not a fan of trains! 😊

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

There's a Ramada and a premier inn close by, both very nice and only a 5 min walk to the exhibition. Easy to drive to as well.

That's if you can get a room at late notice, we book ours a year in advance!

I'm always wondering, how does someone get one of the VIP tickets? X

There's a Ramada and a premier inn close by, both very nice and only a 5 min walk to the exhibition. Easy to drive to as well.

That's if you can get a room at late notice, we book ours a year in advance!

Thanks. Was looking at Premier Inn and they still have rooms. Just booked into the Travelodge. It's only for a night, cheap and cheerful will do me! :biggrin:

There seems to be quite a lot of restaurants around that area too. I'm bringing the hubby so thought it might be nice to go out for a nice meal somewhere. Any recommendations? Sorry for all the questions, just very excited!! :biggrin:

Has anyone been on the cable car to excel? It is only 5 mins across from the o2 rather than the tube.
Not too keen on heights , but might risk it for a super quick journey

Last time we were in London we did the cable car and I loved it! We used our Oyster card and got onto it from the O2 side and just stayed on it so did a round trip. I loved seeing the planes come over ready to land at City airport and of course the views of the city.

I remember thinking that this would be a great way to get to Excel because we just got the tube from central London to the O2 that day and didn't go anywhere near the DLR, so much more direct. It's only a few quid return on your Oyster card and no waiting around as you just hop on and hop off.

Thanks. Was looking at Premier Inn and they still have rooms. Just booked into the Travelodge. It's only for a night, cheap and cheerful will do me! :biggrin:

There seems to be quite a lot of restaurants around that area too. I'm bringing the hubby so thought it might be nice to go out for a nice meal somewhere. Any recommendations? Sorry for all the questions, just very excited!! :biggrin:

Hi there! This is my first show and I am so excited!!! I have seen a couple of people saying they are taking hubby, sister or friend. I didn't think this was allowed as its only professionals? Am I wrong? And if not how do you go about doing this? Xxx

Hi there! This is my first show and I am so excited!!! I have seen a couple of people saying they are taking hubby, sister or friend. I didn't think this was allowed as its only professionals? Am I wrong? And if not how do you go about doing this? Xxx

I just registered both of us. I did email them saying I'd registered myself and hubby and could my 15 year old son come but they said no so he has to stay at home. Didn't say hubby wasn't allowed. He's only coming to help me as it's my first time. I don't think they mind as long as you're not bringing the whole street! xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back