Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video... it was lovely to see Roxanne... love her!

Anyway, after watching the video, I have a question based on two points
1. it is a soak off gel.
2. it is a soak off gel that requires no buffing at all when being removed but is still able to soak off in a few minutes.

As all other soak off gels that I have used require some buffing in order to soak off so quickly... I can only but wonder if Shellac is a more porous system?

If this is the case then I wonder about discolouration of clear and p&w overlays with Shellac... as discolouration has always been an issue with soak off gels due to the fact that they are porous...
Until now, the answer to discolouration has been to use a gel for clear/p&w which although still able soak off, requires buffing down to allow for such a short soak off time (so less porous?).

Not trying to be difficult - just need to understand

I don't think you are trying to be difficult, but neither are you understanding it completely either.

The video clearly shows that Shellac is a soak off hybrid and unique product that requires no buffing to remove it.

It also clearly states that Shellac is not a gel but a hybrid of gel and polish. So it is neither like nor does it behave as other gels nor other polishes. There is no issue with yellowing when you use Shellac.

This product has been 5 years in research and development at the CND labs ... it has been thoroughly tested for all the things you mention. No CND products yellow.

I don't think you are trying to be difficult, but neither are you understanding it completely either.

The video clearly shows that Shellac is a soak off hybrid and unique product that requires no buffing to remove it.

It also clearly states that Shellac is not a gel but a hybrid of gel and polish. So it is neither like nor does it behave as other gels nor other polishes. There is no issue with yellowing when you use Shellac.

This product has been 5 years in research and development at the CND labs ... it has been thoroughly tested for all the things you mention. No CND products yellow.

Great.... you're right, I had missed the point - It's something new - therefore not comparable.
Have to say that I am looking forward to being wow'd :green:

Dear Father Christmas,

I know it's a long way off but I thought I would make my wish list now so you have plenty of time to speak to those lovely people at S2 and CND

Please may I have:

The new CND lamp

The Shellac Salon Display as in the video

All the Shellac colours

A copy of the CD so I can show my already excited clients

500 removal tabs so I can change my own nails every week in 10 mins

The posters in the Vid

Oh and Roxanne to come and do my nails ( although think she will be very busy around Christmas time though, I see a 'bump'!)
thank you

Della aged 48 1/2

To please the mods I have a question:green:

how good do you think I will have to be for FC to bring me all that?

Have been reading this thread with great interest and am now very excited!!! :)

I was wondering where the idea for the name Shellac came from........

Shellac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't wait for May.

Last edited:
Dear Father Christmas,

I know it's a long way off but I thought I would make my wish list now so you have plenty of time to speak to those lovely people at S2 and CND

Please may I have:

The new CND lamp

The Shellac Salon Display as in the video

All the Shellac colours

A copy of the CD so I can show my already excited clients

500 removal tabs so I can change my own nails every week in 10 mins

The posters in the Vid

Oh and Roxanne to come and do my nails ( although think she will be very busy around Christmas time though, I see a 'bump'!)
thank you

Della aged 48 1/2

To please the mods I have a question:green:

how good do you think I will have to be for FC to bring me all that?

LOL!! :lol::lol:

I think I'll copy and paste this and send it off to Santa myself.. you want all the same things as me!!... even the posters :lol:

Have been reading this thread with great interest and am now very excited!!! :)

I was wondering where the idea for the name Shellac came from........

I can't wait for May.

My father did cabinet making for a hobby and also had a beautiful wooden hulled and trimmed yacht for many years. Both for cabinet finishing and keeping up the wood on the boat, he used and painted on shellac.

The word Shellac therefore has always been synonymous with a paint-on, bright , durable, long-lasting and shiny finish on wood .. now it has a new meaning .. a paint-on, bright, durable, long-lasting shiny finish for nails.

hmmm ... I wonder what else is going on in them CND labs! :idea::cool:

The nail wraps for removing look pretty cool. Are these pre-loaded with solution for removing?

The nail wraps for removing look pretty cool. Are these pre-loaded with solution for removing?

And do they come in retail pre-packed form for selling to our clients should they want to remove them at home? Hope they will want to come back and get them replaced every 2 weeks, but you never know.

Enough already with the questions LOL.

Patience is a virtue to be nurtured.

Zip the lip and stop asking please! xxxxx

Enough already with the questions LOL.

Patience is a virtue to be nurtured.

Zip the lip and stop asking please! xxxxx

:lol: Fiona all day I've been trying to resist coming in to this topic but still keep peeking. Hoping there will be some unanswered questions and surprises left come May!

:lol: Fiona all day I've been trying to resist coming in to this topic but still keep peeking. Hoping there will be some unanswered questions and surprises left come May!

so do I!!!

Crikey not even the DVD is sacred anymore! :):smack:

I know what you mean Min - it is like when someone says oh there's a streaker, dont look - yeah right as if we arent going to look LOL.

AND another thing ......

some of our most favourite missed CND colours are Back in Shellac!!!

I just noticed this ...........I cant wait to take this in to my new salon, can you order it as of May, and will there be a waiting list?x

My father did cabinet making for a hobby and also had a beautiful wooden hulled and trimmed yacht for many years. Both for cabinet finishing and keeping up the wood on the boat, he used and painted on shellac.

The word Shellac therefore has always been synonymous with a paint-on, bright , durable, long-lasting and shiny finish on wood .. now it has a new meaning .. a paint-on, bright, durable, long-lasting shiny finish for nails.

Good thinking Watson!!! I like the name it's original and no-one will know it's meaning and therfore will want to investigate :)

AND another thing ......

some of our most favourite missed CND colours are Back in Shellac!!!

Well was really pleased to see Red Baroness and and Iced Cappuccino (wearing that enamel now, love it), oh and Fedora but all my Santa's will have been at once if Cran'o'berry ever crops up :lol:

Hi wow this sounds brill just done an infill tonight so been telling all about the new shellac, am sold already, decided to sell most of my gel polish as I won't be needing it anymore, so hopefully will have enough penny's for may to buy the kit. 1 question I have the IBD Jet 5000 two hand lamp will this be strong enough to cure them?? or will I need to get a new lamp ?? :)

I know what you mean Min - it is like when someone says oh there's a streaker, dont look - yeah right as if we arent going to look LOL.

LOL!!! How true!! I am trying to resist too but keep taking a sneak peek at this thread!!!

I agree, can we please skip April and just get to May :lol:

xx

Well I have it!!!!

It came yesterday and was it worth waiting for???...

YES... it's the most amazing product I've ever used.

It really does glide on like a polish... it's as easy to use as polish.. honestly!!

It even smells like polish, but as I'm sure all you geeks that use soak off gel will be dying to know "is there any shrinkage"?.. NO!!:)

The worst thing for me in using a soak off gel is the fact it shrinks back off the nail as soon as you use it.. meaning you usually have to do two nails at a time and then cure. With Shellac, it applies the very same as a polish and it's just as quick.

I just can't believe how good it really is and all of the colours are gorgeous!!!

I've never been so excited about a product as I am about this :)

I can't wait to start work today...

Well I have it!!!!

It came yesterday and was it worth waiting for???...

YES... it's the most amazing product I've ever used.

It really does glide on like a polish... it's as easy to use as polish.. honestly!!

It even smells like polish, but as I'm sure all you geeks that use soak off gel will be dying to know "is there any shrinkage"?.. NO!!:)

The worst thing for me in using a soak off gel is the fact it shrinks back off the nail as soon as you use it.. meaning you usually have to do two nails at a time and then cure. With Shellac, it applies the very same as a polish and it's just as quick.

I just can't believe how good it really is and all of the colours are gorgeous!!!

I've never been so excited about a product as I am about this :)

I can't wait to start work today...

I thought it was launching in May? No fair. How did you get it early?

Latest posts

Back