Water marbling with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you do this? I know you use a marbling tool but do you just do dots with the colours? Thanks everyone x

As wendy said lots of us have posted instructions just have a good read above, dot your colours with a tool and either use the tool or a pin end (gently!) to swirl. For a more eyecatching/neat design do the swirls in the same way all down nail and keep the dots symmetrical......xx

Here are my first attempts... A little messy but practise makes perfect and I am going to love practising this! Thanks Geeks for all your advise xxx

Attachments

• 392588_325069847513515_219276508092850_1096469_1217405268_n.jpg
    392588_325069847513515_219276508092850_1096469_1217405268_n.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 572
lovely work ladies :) I think I am going to have to try some of these they look beautiful x

After doing my daughters in white last night, I decided to do mine in red! I've used the white holographic glitter again with marbling in asphalt, Blackpool and studio white, all over Hollywood! Must admit I'm quite chuffed! : ) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326194327.293387.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326194327.293387.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 707
julie there lovely!! well done its soooo much fun doing them!! x

Thanks hun, yours look fab too! I love it xxx

This is done with gelish.
I used 3 different colours and randomly but blobs of the 3 colours on the nail then used a fine art brush to swirl it together. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326210303.575443.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326210303.575443.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 867
After doing my daughters in white last night, I decided to do mine in red! I've used the white holographic glitter again with marbling in asphalt, Blackpool and studio white, all over Hollywood! Must admit I'm quite chuffed! : ) xx

Gorgeous! I must get some White holographic glitter! And try marbling tonight on some colour pops x

I used 3 different colours and randomly but blobs of the 3 colours on the nail then used a fine art brush to swirl it together. X

Gorgeous! X

These are beautiful and has just inspired me for when I do mine in the next few days :) :hug: x

Beautiful stuff! Can't wait to get my hands on Shellac in march and start being creative!

Stephie if you ever want to swap a nail treatment let me know! With this gorgeous marbling, I reckon one hand would be lovely but my right hand would end up being rubbish!!x

These are all so pretty, Im rubbish at it, have followed all the advice from you lovely geeks and been practicing all morning an all night an I still can't get them to look nice :(

Xxxxx

I did this with gossip girl gelish and added go girl and queen of hearts.

Not bad for my first attempt x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326289831.381951.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326289831.381951.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 633
These are all so pretty, Im rubbish at it, have followed all the advice from you lovely geeks and been practicing all morning an all night an I still can't get them to look nice :(

Xxxxx

Dont over think it and dont swirl too much or you just end up with a mixed up mash of colours. Ill try do one step by step and take photos and email you them if you like? Send me a private mail with your email address on? X

Stephie if you ever want to swap a nail treatment let me know! With this gorgeous marbling, I reckon one hand would be lovely but my right hand would end up being rubbish!!x

Sounds like a good idea. I could see me putting the dotting tool between my teeth or something to do my opposite hand! Lol x

Dont over think it and dont swirl too much or you just end up with a mixed up mash of colours. Ill try do one step by step and take photos and email you them if you like? Send me a private mail with your email address on? X

Oh really? That would be so kind of you thank you so much :)
I think that's where I'm going wrong I just seem to get a mush of colour with no sort of niceness or design to it lol.
I would upload a photo of my attempts but it would be far to embarrassing lol ;)
I'll pm you my email address now, once again thank you again I really appreciate it

Xxxxx

Mines does up looking like a two year olds done it! Lol
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi girls. Can u please critique my shellac marbling. This is my first go and I think they look ok. The only thing that's bugging me is that I used 3 colours on a few of them and I don't think it shows up that well. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry the pics a bit pants. I had to do it on my phone xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330638157.685213.jpg

Latest posts

Back