What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Woke up with a massive pain in my jaw from my wisdom tooth to accompany the pain on my butt cheek from my pulled muscle.
2. My old, blind dog pooped in my shoe.
3. Despite my many complaints, those stupid neighbors from across the fence still leave their toddler outside to scream and cry his/her little head off at the a**-crack of dawn.

...I'm starting to think writing a list of what doesn't irk me would be shorter because there's more but I'd rather not list them here. :lol:

Oh Chicka I am sorry but I had to laugh at your poor old dog pooping in your shoe. I hope it comes out of the crevices! :hug:

I was miffed after getting a call from my brother who is working in Barcelona for 2 weeks telling me he was pick pocketed last night and I ended up giving him my last lot of pennies.... Good job I can do things with the kids this week that don't cost

Today I had a 17 year old boy in for a trim he wanted and inch off , I showed him an inch he said. Fine , as I kept checking at the back , sides and top if that was an ok length ( you know what 17 years are like ) he said yep it's great , when I finished the cut I was thinning out the top he said oh could I have a bit more off ? I said what off the top ? He said no all over ! I had to do another cut all over again I felt like slapping him ! And he smirked ! Plus it was such thick hair , oh well done now and he was happy , just thought I'd let you know lol Xxx

Oh Chicka I am sorry but I had to laugh at your poor old dog pooping in your shoe. I hope it comes out of the crevices! :hug:

:lol: I can only blame myself for that. I should've took him out instead of sleeping in.

Not being able to order A Mint Of Spring single online at NH 20% off weekend ..... knew i should have ordered it from Sally's 20% off Special Order the other day :evil:

What's really annoyed me today. My main job is in retail. A woman who works for a local council comes in and asks for a phone case and asks for it at £12 (which was the price 3 weeks ago) I said unfortunately I can't do that but I can do it for £15. Huff huff huff, fine, can I have a vat receipt? Sure. I'll just claim it back on expenses a long with my car parking charge. I'm sure it will be alright, they pay so and so's bus fair each week!

So wait. You are going to claim back a non essential item at the tax payers expense? Get out.

Started this morning, my son has gone to wembley and my DP didn't wake me to say goodbye even though he said he would.

Not having enough cash to go do something nice with my girls today, instead we are inside watching movies.

My neighbour is winding his dog up so its crazy barking....again

My mother keeps texting me, moaning about her boss. He's a lazy pig go look for another job!!

Going on to twitter today to find a client had lied to me. Have been spray tanning her for last 2 months to find out she is 3 months pregnant.
So sent her a msg asking why she had not informed me and to let her know I am not insured to spray tan pregnant ladies.
Her response was... I knew if I told you, you would not spray tan me due to me being pregnant, and that I don't think it's that much of a problem. As I'm going to carry on!!! Yes but not with me :p x

Being at the beauty show and some of the exhibitors handing out bags large enough to fit a baby elephant in... Just containing a little bit of paper, or 1x200ml sample bottle.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for companies advertising and giving away samples but surely we have enough chaos to fight through at the beauty show without having to fight through these MASSIVE UNNECESSARY bags too !!! Lol xxx

My 2013 is irking me.

The guy i met for a date last week said he'd like a 2nd, we texted every day since but haven't heard from him in 2 days, so am taking it he's changed his mind.

Huge argument last week with the salon manager where she told me off infront of a client.

Am fed up with having average 3 clients per week even though i'm doing everything i can to promote myself.

P!ssed off that for the first time in 11 years i had an epileptic fit last month, so there goes my driving licence, so there goes doing spray tanning mobile.

Severely annoyed that due to not being able to drive, i now have to ride a push bike to the salon & what topped my crappy 2013 off was this morning on my way home from my 1 client today, i crash my push bike.

So this afternoon i spent in A&E getting my elbow & wrist checked out cause i cant straighten my arm, then told they cant quite see on the xray cause i cant straighten my arm, therefore they're treating me as a clinical break.

Therefore next Monday i have to go back to the clinic to have it xrayed again & see the surgeon.

but what pee'd me off the most about it all, i have 1 client tomorrow, 2 on Friday & 1 on Saturday, all of which i hardly doubt i'll be able to do cause i cant use my arm to hold their finger while i work on them with my right hand.

Someone hitting my car today while I was stationary then getting out and shouting at me!!!:evil:

Gosh, been reading through and really feel for you guys :hug:

Thank you for this thread, because it's only after reading all the posts and clicking reply to add my own, that I realise that absolutely nothing has irked me today. I have thought and thought (I so wanted to have a whinge lol) but can think of nothing.

NOTHING!!

I've had a great day. And I wasn't appreciating it. BUT NOW I AM!! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for a better day for you all tomorrow xx

Only just found this thread, can I give you last weeks irks?

Someone breaks into my car and steals my iPod and sat nav

Someone crashes into my car while it's parked outside my house on a very quiet residential road and smashes off the passenger side wing mirror. No note, just the casing halfway down the road all smashed up.

Today:

Millionaire client asking for a discount! Really!? You know I'm struggling to bring up a young family and there you are in your mansion with your 100K + car in the drive and you want £5 off? Why? Do you really need it more than me????? :!:

And finally the weather, it's really p*ssing me off. Where's the warmth?

Only just found this thread, can I give you last weeks irks?

Someone breaks into my car and steals my iPod and sat nav

Someone crashes into my car while it's parked outside my house on a very quiet residential road and smashes off the passenger side wing mirror. No note, just the casing halfway down the road all smashed up.

Today:

Millionaire client asking for a discount! Really!? You know I'm struggling to bring up a young family and there you are in your mansion with your 100K + car in the drive and you want £5 off? Why? Do you really need it more than me????? :!:

And finally the weather, it's really p*ssing me off. Where's the warmth?

How do the rich stay rich? Penny pinching!! Xoxo

Clients assuming because I'm young to have a salon that I'm loaded So I should give them discount! Grrrr I've worked my backside off!! Sweated, cried, bled, drank, laughed, shouted and screamed to get where I am now but I have bit had an endless pot of money to use! X

How do the rich stay rich? Penny pinching!! Xoxo

Yes you're right. Now that George Osbourne has released his budget, I'm making a few changes to my charges.

Anyone who earns more than £100K has to pay a £5 levy.

Anyone who lives in a house worth over 1M has to pay a £10 levy as I have to walk so much further down the drive to get to the front door.

Anyone wearing massive diamond rings has to pay a £5 levy as I have to waste time waiting for them to be removed before I can start my service.

Pensioners will receive a 2p discount on all services.

Thats about right isn't it?

being told off by the lady in the post office for not putting all my notes round the right way and not putting the 5's 10's and 20's in order, and THEN giving me a lesson on how to do it, to finish it off being told 'it is not a laughing matter' hahahahaha!!!!!

Banging my knee getting on the bus after college Tuesday evening then waking up weds morning with a badly bruised knee and in lots of pain.
Getting shouted at by some weirdo at a set of traffic lights because my glasses have animal written on them, he was shouting so loud it frightened my son who started to cry. The bloke then decided he would stroke my hair as I was comforting my son. I then Pushed bloke away as he was in my personal space.
Then today making lunch for me and my son I managed to cut my finger then n burn the same place in the space of 5 mins.

I will not be leaving the house tomorrow :) xx

being told off by the lady in the post office for not putting all my notes round the right way and not putting the 5's 10's and 20's in order, and THEN giving me a lesson on how to do it, to finish it off being told 'it is not a laughing matter' hahahahaha!!!!!

Sorry but I'd have done the same. It's a pet peeve of mine, they all have to be around the same way or I go mad lol xx

Latest posts

Back