What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going all the way to Sally's for VAT free day to purchase packs of 12 240 grit nail files which are on a special 3 for 2 offer. However, the store has only 2 packs left (at 9:10am!) so I don't get my free pack. :mad:

Not so much irked as has made me see red!

That despite being signed off work with "stress at work and high blood pressure" my 9-5 boss keeps calling and texting to get me to do some work related cr5p because he's in trouble for not doing it. Ignoring him for the last 3 days has done nothing, so after answering his call, I'm now fuming with myself as he's called another 3 times to get me to just do something else :(

The more calls I ignore, the more my blood pressure rises and I'm getting anxiety chest pains.

being told off by the lady in the post office for not putting all my notes round the right way and not putting the 5's 10's and 20's in order, and THEN giving me a lesson on how to do it, to finish it off being told 'it is not a laughing matter' hahahahaha!!!!!

Haha the same used to happen in my towns post office. I ended up telling her that my job isn't to put them in order its to get the staff to take the money and that she was paid to take it off me politely. A letter ended in head office saying I was rude and our contract for banking with them was to end.
Company went bankrupt and I knew it was happening so it really didn't bother me haha.
Next time put each note facing opposite directions or all screwed up. I would.

What's irked me today?
Nothing yet! A nice day. I'm a little unhappy I'm on an ugly train and forgot my headphones but that's it xoxo

Not so much irked as has made me see red!

That despite being signed off work with "stress at work and high blood pressure" my 9-5 boss keeps calling and texting to get me to do some work related cr5p because he's in trouble for not doing it. Ignoring him for the last 3 days has done nothing, so after answering his call, I'm now fuming with myself as he's called another 3 times to get me to just do something else :(

The more calls I ignore, the more my blood pressure rises and I'm getting anxiety chest pains.

Remind him that they aren't to contact you when off sick and that someone else will have to do the work.

Get well soon, and hope college is still going well xoxo

Remind him that they aren't to contact you when off sick and that someone else will have to do the work.

Get well soon, and hope college is still going well xoxo

I'm a complete numpty for answering it, but my bp was rising everytime I looked at my phone and saw missed calls. So I thought I'll just get it over with. I'm actually not going to email the person he wants me too at his request to say he's spoken to me, he can bloody well wait.

Thank you I'll be well as soon as I find another job away from there x College is going fab, it's the only thing keeping me going. Hopefully I won't keel over with a stroke or a heart attack before I finish it.

I'm irked today because I spent all day yesterday on my only day off scrubbing the house, skirting boards light switches, doing the washing etc etc to come home today to find the dog has p**sed in the kitchen, the pots are piled high and somehow the washing basket is full again!!!!!!!! Don't even have a house full to blame! its only me my husband a 16 month old little boy and the dog!!! God knows how he has managed that in one night/day :( Grrrrrr xxx

What irked me today is the salon manager i'm renting space in making me feel guilty for not being able to do acrylic nails ... or should i say her acrylic nails cause i've broken my left arm/elbow !!

im irked because i have just moved house, managed to crack a rib (mega painful and evil) am ment to rest but have a four year old and loads of boxes that need unpacking, haven't been to work for over a week as painful to drive and to add to that we have no tv and won't til April as the engineer can't get here til then.

thanks feel better now x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Seeing people on the phone whilst driving. There is never a copper around when you want one
Vicki x

What a great thread and just in time!
I woke this morning with my daughter off school full off cold, Then came downstaires to a massive spider which made me break out in a sweat!!
Then put my lappy on a seen a big phone bill come out i forgot about!!
Oh and im hormonal so everything seems a zillion times worse!!
Ahhh feel better already, nothing like a good maon :) x x

Brilliant thread.. So start off with today, its totally peeing it down and i had to walk the dog. Soaked. Had a full diary today only to have my last client text to say she can't make her Shellac appointment, then my first client has bothered to turn up for her 2 hour appointment grrr.. So in fustration i have just cracked open my Easter egg and demolished half of it and its not even 10 o'clock yet damn it.

Rant over.

Well I shouldn't have said my day was great yesterday!
Went for a meal to my partners brothers house, snowing when we left but wasn't sticking there, got to my area to see 4" of snow. I live half way up a steep mountain and the stupid new car can't do hills in snow.
Had to abandon the car at my aunts and walk a mile. Woke up to find atleast a foot of snow. Walked back down to my aunts, dug for about an hour to get out, a tractor had to clear the road because we hasn't got far. Took 2 hours to drive to the salon at 5mph and now I'm sat here with a hurting hip from walking too much when I shouldn't, tired because I didn't get in until 2 am after trying to get the car home and walking, waking up at 6 to get in and ending up still an hour late. And now I'm sat here doing bugger all, with just one client who hasn't canceled. :( xoxo

What's really irked me all week is greedy ungrateful scrounges calling me all week complaining about having to pay a poxy £5 towards their council tax bill each month!

Seriously, apparently it's the governments job to find them jobs and houses.

I work my arse off and pay tax and ni and every other tax going, and get no help and they moan about paying such a small amount! Tough ****!!'

Sorry very angry today :(

I'm still being irked a fresh today by the salon manager making me feel guilty !!

She told 1 client today:
I have to go to the Chinese place now & pay for my nails to be done cause Sarah's bumped her arm.
I've got a lump on my elbow, tennis elbow, that's worse

I'm so fed up with this woman making me feel guilty cause of an accident.

Due to this & the bust up we had last week, think its time to move on.

I'm still being irked a fresh today by the salon manager making me feel guilty !!

She told 1 client today:
I have to go to the Chinese place now & pay for my nails to be done cause Sarah's bumped her arm.
I've got a lump on my elbow, tennis elbow, that's worse

I'm so fed up with this woman making me feel guilty cause of an accident.

Due to this & the bust up we had last week, think its time to move on.

You should have said to the client 'I haven't really bumped my arm, i just don't want to do her nails' and then laugh, haha! :lol:

I'm rather irked. Have had a horrible week. People building on land next door arriving at 7am, parking on our drive and getting mud everywhere!
Not sleeping at night, no matter how hard I try.
Crap weather all week when I have my first half marathon on Sunday :(
All topped off with a severe gum infection !

I'm irked because of the weather. I have had to cancel all my Friday & Saturday clients as I cant get my car out of the drive. Nightmare!!!

I'm irked because I spent hours digging the car out (the kid we paid only took the snow off the car itself), and as soon as I finished the snow plough came and pushed snow against the side of the road people are clearing their cars out of. The other side of the road had no cars so why not push that way?

On a good note, had to laugh at my cousin, she made a space for her husband in the snow for when he got home as someone parked in it, no one knows who it is, so she's made another space and completely covered the car who used her space in snow before compacting it hard and shaping it like a different car so the owner thinks its been stolen and replaced haha. Xoxo

I get irked on a weekly basis by how we get judged on what we do however im now getting to the point where it's becoming amusing.
I quit my job as a police officer last October after 10 years of watching corruption, bullying sexism etc going on around me.
I'm well educated, I've seen and done and dealt with things most people will never experience. Whilst working full time shifts I retrained in beauty, ran my business whilst still working in the force so all I did was sleep work sleep work.
I quit cos the time was right and now work out of my home salon. But business is still slow so I clean houses on the side. I work with a lovely lady and I go to lots of different houses, mostly where women that live off their rich husbands and have never done a days work in their life and can't be bothered to clean. It now amuses me how they look me up and down, judge me on the job I do having no idea who I am or what I have done over the years.
I work from 8 in the morning till 10 at night every day of the week to earn peanuts really, whilst these women sit around doing nothing. So at first it annoyed me but now I look at them as being a bit sad and lonely - they are dependant on keeping there husbands happy whereas I go can do as I please and have only myself to depend on.

Latest posts

Back