Curious: saddling a tip ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyrazz

Reaction score
I've seen the tutorial for "saddling" when applying extensions to biters. I'm just wondering what other techniques people use? :lol:

I've seen the tutorial for "saddling" when applying extensions to biters. I'm just wondering what other techniques people use? :lol:

Don't need to use any other technique ... I use that one (saddling) taught about 20 years ago by CND for tipping a bitten nail.. It worked then, it works now and it slims a bitten nail miraculously as well as taking all the pressure off the tip.

I tried reading the tutorial for the saddling method but never really understood it:/ Doesn't it make a bulge in the sidewall of the nail when it grows a little? Am I misunderstanding something?

I tried reading the tutorial for the saddling method but never really understood it:/ Doesn't it make a bulge in the sidewall of the nail when it grows a little? Am I misunderstanding something?
You must be, because it makes no bulge at all. The technique makes the tip fit and adhere perfectly and gives you the room to build added strength into perfectly straight sidewalls (something the client did not have before). As always, a class is the best option, where one can see and experience the difference and watch the transformation take place. :). CND master Classes spring to mind.

Its like framing a picture, if you have a round picture you would make the frame round and not square. As the tip grows out, the bulge dissapears as it is brought in line by the new nail growth. The carved out sidewalls allow freedom for the tip to sit snug and comfortably on the nail, with no upward pressure from the bulging skin/fingertip xxxx

Haha wow I am just incapable of understanding this!!!:lol:

Guess I'll have to take out my tips and experiment!

Gigi I would LOVE to take a CND master class but unfortunately I don't even know of a single person in Iceland that is CND trained:/

Haha wow I am just incapable of understanding this!!!:lol:

Guess I'll have to take out my tips and experiment!

Gigi I would LOVE to take a CND master class but unfortunately I don't even know of a single person in Iceland that is CND trained:/

I think that is very sad for the people in Iceland! :(

It's only a hop skip and a jump to the UK from Iceland! You should come have some wonderful training and enlighten everyone there. :hug:

Oh if I know myself correctly it probably won't be long before I do:lol:

Oh what a dream that would be:lol:

I've actually wondered for a long time why there is no one using CND products here ... we are so isolated here, we don't even have Minx!

Oh what a dream that would be:lol:

I've actually wondered for a long time why there is no one using CND products here ... we are so isolated here, we don't even have Minx!

I'm not sure. I've never spoken to CND about it. Marian Newman went to Iceland once with Star nails I think years and years go ... I remember that lol.

The CND educators are so highly trained that unless someone has put themself forward for that job there in Iceland the it is probably not going to happen ... What is the situation there regarding licensing ? ... If there are no regulations there then that will add to the lack of presence of CND as well as in m out markets, we only sell epithelial education. No educators = no education support.

Licencing here sounds to be similar to the UK but mostly it is just small "nailschools" (usually salons) teaching how to use the product that they use... no real education about anatomy, diseases and so on and no education direct from product manufacturers. Literally the first thing I was shown when I went to my first class was how to apply the product. There are probably some bigger schools that teach this better, I've just had to learn it by myself:rolleyes:

There is no regulation here of the nail business. Anyone can do nails. Most suppliers even sell to anyone they can just for the business of it. Insurance here for nail techs is unheard of, I really do think I'd get laughed at if I asked an insurance company to insure my business from legal claims... luckily people here are not so fond of suing others as they are some other places :Scared:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344129947.637804.jpg
Found this on an old thread via the search function. It cleared up the confusion I had. HTH
It was by ValencianNails

Latest posts

Back