£10 Shellac with eyebrow shape in Debenhams!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
How can these big department stores such as debenhams and supermarkets like tesco get away with charging so little for a premium treatment and advertising shellac when Iv been in this department store and didn't even see the shellac lamp been used. I'm furious with this advert only last month I had a woman come in my salon crying as the girl from our local tesco had ripped her shellac off with cuticle nippers ripping all her nails off with it down to the skin. Why are they getting away with it!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh x

Forgot to add the advert ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405537313.187119.jpg

The fact that they don't know how to spell would totally turn me off. Haha!

Yeah I totally fancy a shellaz treatment. XD

Haha! Shellaz! Brilliant! Idiots!

That must be a typo coz
Its spelt right everywhere else. They are crap at doing eyebrows and lashes in my local debenhams anyway x

Considering Hanley is a 'city centre' area, I can't believe how low the prices are over there!

Wow I actually just converted £10 to dollars and that's only about $7!!!!! How is that it even humanly possible to pay $7 for BOTH nails and brows. Here the cheapest you'll get for eyebrow threading is maybe $9 and that's cheap and cheapest for only gel nail polish or shellac application only is maybe $20. This is even more hilarious then I thought! How generous of them! Haha

The other issue here is the aftercare, if they are providing shellac as a treatment does that mean they are also retailing products such as Vinylux and Solar Oil? I wouldn't imagine that CND would allow that.

Claire bear, iv seen this advert pop up on my news feed and it annoys me too! Id be very interested to see the standard/quality of the treatments for that price!

Im in stoke-on-trent too and didnt realise that there were any local tescos offering treatments, just out of interest which tescos is it?

Claire bear, iv seen this advert pop up on my news feed and it annoys me too! Id be very interested to see the standard/quality of the treatments for that price!

Im in stoke-on-trent too and didnt realise that there were any local tescos offering treatments, just out of interest which tescos is it?

Longton and Meir park... It was the Meir park one where they ripped her nails off during removal x

I currently work for Debenhams, not saying which one!

Arch Angels are offering the treatments, not Debenhams. Granted they operate within Debenhams stores, AA are a company in their own right and rent the space. Is the Arch Angels concession in Hanley new?

As far as I am aware the AA teams are all on extremely low hours contracts so try anything to drum up business to keep them in operation. They also have a high staff turn over so tend to do deals like this then they have a new member within the team, not sure they actually advise customers that they are new though!

They do use genuine CND Shellac and Vinylux, but not a CND lamp!! During prep they don't used CND products either. Saying that I have had CND Shellac done buy 2 of the team in my store, 1 I would use again, 1 I wouldn't.

I've also had my eyebrows done by them (waxed) I had to say exactly what I wanted as the consultation consisted of 'so are you just having a tidy up today?'
I did worry (in hindsight) that had I not explained what I wanted, what their version of 'a tidy up' would have been.

I currently work for Debenhams, not saying which one!

Arch Angels are offering the treatments, not Debenhams. Granted they operate within Debenhams stores, AA are a company in their own right and rent the space. Is the Arch Angels concession in Hanley new?

As far as I am aware the AA teams are all on extremely low hours contracts so try anything to drum up business to keep them in operation. They also have a high staff turn over so tend to do deals like this then they have a new member within the team, not sure they actually advise customers that they are new though!

They do use genuine CND Shellac and Vinylux, but not a CND lamp!! During prep they don't used CND products either. Saying that I have had CND Shellac done buy 2 of the team in my store, 1 I would use again, 1 I wouldn't.

I've also had my eyebrows done by them (waxed) I had to say exactly what I wanted as the consultation consisted of 'so are you just having a tidy up today?'
I did worry (in hindsight) that had I not explained what I wanted, what their version of 'a tidy up' would have been.

If they aren't using the correct lamp or prep products then I doubt it's genuine shellac either. This is a complete joke and I hope someone official will read this and be along soon to do something about it x

Just because they aren't using the correct prep products and lamp doesn't mean it's not genuine, I use bio sculpture but I don't use their prep and lamp, I use the CND prep and lamp. x

If they aren't using the correct lamp or prep products then I doubt it's genuine shellac either. This is a complete joke and I hope someone official will read this and be along soon to do something about it x

I get your point, I really do. Excuse me if I may be being a bit thick! I'm not CND trained, so don't use Shellac myself, I use Gelish. As far as my limited understanding goes there is no rules as to what combination of prep/lamp products you can use with CND Shellac, only strong recommendations and a best practice??

Also I'm fairly sure that CND will not guarantee that their Shellac will last 14 unless you use all of their products and follow their process, including lamp.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that Arch Angels clearly cut corners by using cheaper lamps and prep products BUT they are not breaking any laws, so I am unsure as to what somebody 'official' could actually do?

To be clear I am not in agreement with how they operate, I would not choose to use their methods myself. I am new to the industry and am finding out just how hard it is!!

I get your point, I really do. Excuse me if I may be being a bit thick! I'm not CND trained, so don't use Shellac myself, I use Gelish. As far as my limited understanding goes there is no rules as to what combination of prep/lamp products you can use with CND Shellac, only strong recommendations and a best practice??

Also I'm fairly sure that CND will not guarantee that their Shellac will last 14 unless you use all of their products and follow their process, including lamp.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that Arch Angels clearly cut corners by using cheaper lamps and prep products BUT they are not breaking any laws, so I am unsure as to what somebody 'official' could actually do?

To be clear I am not in agreement with how they operate, I would not choose to use their methods myself. I am new to the industry and am finding out just how hard it is!!

If they are not using the correct lamp then the shellac will not be curing properly

There's no laws against what products you can use with what, but if you don't use all CND recommended products to use with Shellac - prep, lamp etc, then you are not covered on your insurance. More fool them if something happens!

There's no laws against what products you can use with what, but if you don't use all CND recommended products to use with Shellac - prep, lamp etc, then you are not covered on your insurance. More fool them if something happens!

I think it's more a case of "You MAY NOT be covered by your insurance" at her than "you will not" Everyone's policies are different.

Mine doesn't state anything at all about it, and I have everything like that in writing - it doesn't even state follow manufacturers guidelines for this treatment (but does for others and stricter rules mostly)

I choose to use all the correct products and lamp with my shellac services.

It's a shame companies do this to such a fab product but it's just the same as groupon delays for shellac :(

:)

I think it's more a case of "You MAY NOT be covered by your insurance" at her than "you will not" Everyone's policies are different.

Mine doesn't state anything at all about it, and I have everything like that in writing - it doesn't even state follow manufacturers guidelines for this treatment (but does for others and stricter rules mostly)

I choose to use all the correct products and lamp with my shellac services.

It's a shame companies do this to such a fab product but it's just the same as groupon delays for shellac :(

:)

I do believe that should the malpractice/damage lawsuit occur the insurance company fighting on behalf of the injured party will probe, in order to find out if ALL proper steps and procedures were followed. In some cases, they will go as far as making sure you used scrubfresh rather than rubbing alcohol to make their case and get their client a settlement.
Why would anyone, no matter how small, want to take a risk?
So, yes. Your insurance may cover you but you will pay through the nose for premiums in order to continue practising.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back