0/88 gone black thought I would ask the experts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameswhite

Reaction score
My friend did 1g 0/88 2g 10/0 over a prelighten piece of hair and it went black any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

I haven't used this before but I would probably say more 10/0 to dilute it? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try 1g /88 to 4g or 5g of 10/0

1cm of 0/88 with 1/2 tube of 10/0.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What are you trying to achieve with these colours? Could you replace 0/88 with 0/81?

With the blues, greens and purple mix tones, they are sooo strong, you need just a tiny dot! His long did you leave the colour on for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

10 mins

No where near enough base.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

You also need to develop visually rather than leaving on for a set time. Get some hair swatches and try colours out on them.

thats what the rep told her to do leave for 10 mins and mix that much up.

Last edited:
With the greatest respect, I doubt the rep is a trained hairdresser. With anything like this, it needs to be toned visually.

Kimi is right,all toners should be visual because all hair is different , 10 mins for some people might not be enough, whereas for others it's too much. Depends on the pososity and texture of the hair x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

thats what the rep told her to do leave for 10 mins and mix that much up.

Your into a bit of rep bashing aren't you??

Please remember 'reps' or sales consultants are people who are usually none hairdresser who last job is to sell a product.

An educator is there for technical advice.

Your friend could have said 'I'm going to use 10/0 with a bit of /88- how long can I leave it on for' the response might have been 'upto 10 mins'

I would have said for a pastel shade it's about 19ml 10/0 to 1ml /88 visually developed depending on porousity.

How was I bashing the rep that is what she said. The matrix rep was amazing so was goldwell and ghd and loreal. Ghd especially and even though personally I dont like the product the training was amazing

I like to use 10/0 , /88 , and 0/00 you need to have more of bases than the blue pigment. I like to add the 0/00 to dilute it gently (and who hates the benefit of shine to reflect the color!? ) good luck! Have you fixed it? Keep us posted!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back