1 day courses-do they annoy therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the day courses can be good if people don't go expecting to be fully professional in one day. They can teach you the basics, technique and all you need to know but it's up to the individual to keep going over and over it at home until they are pro.
I did level 2 and 3 NVQ at college and have done day courses such as lash extensions and I think the college courses underpin all of the knowledge that you need for day courses such as legislation, a&p, h&s etc.
As I said it's all about practice and if people think they can do a day course and set up a business the next day they will find it hard.
I was shocked to see two people on my lash course with no previous experience who had handed in their notice at their full time jobs knowing they were coming on the course.
Not only are they not competent in the technique but no business knowledge or any kind of a client base to start them off. Yikes.

Latest posts

Back