1 magpie...what does that mean

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it once after a sleepover in my bathroom.

We have huge gold mirrors that cover half the wall and I stood in the dark on my own and said it.

I have never run out of a door so quick in all my life.

It is just a joke really!

Tilly Ann said:
Sorry, I'm thick!! Whats the Candy man and that mary thing?

not sure about the mary thing, but if you stare in the mirror and say candyman three times the scarey man comes to get you! (watch Candyman the film and you'll understand)

Down here we salute the magpie and say good morning Mr Magpie, the 1 for sorrow is for the magpie not you as he has lost his mate . i get magpies right outside my window. Black cats are lucky down here and dont walk on three drains while talking (havent got aclue about that one ).

My sister did the candy man one cos i was freaked nothign ahppened

thank god.
x

There is something like a spell you do in front of a mirror with a certain type of candle and you get to see the man/woman you will marry! not tried it myself..............................yet lol

If I see a magpie on it's own i say' goodmorning mr. magpie or afternoon etc'.

I don't walk under ladders, but Im alot more careful now as I nearly got run over once........too busy going round the thing I didn't realise I was in the road. Yeah right.duh

Never have a peacock feather in the house as I was told it is the 'evil eye' shame cause they are beautiful.

3 drains together. You have to spit on them if you walk on them LMAO at this rate you will be gobbing everywhere.

Perhaps the magpie was saying hello! and wanted some bread!

crystals said:
please let me in on the mirror one, i just cant help looking in the mirror all the time. dont no why i never get any better looking lol x
If you do you're supposed to see the death of a loved one and their fate, heaven or hell. Now I certainly wouldn't want to see the death of a loved one and I certainly dont want to know where theyre going. I might be jelouse if they got the good place....:biggrin:

this sounds really blastfermous but when i was in high school the rumour was if you said the hail mary backwards whilst looking in the loo mirror the devil would apear looking over your shoulder....:eek: thats catholic girls for ya

i always salute it and say good morning/evening captain magpie

This thread as had me in stitches, I do point if I see one magpie but saluting and saying good morning lol your mad you lot mad lol

we have wild magpies as pets in our garden, we hand feed all of them, there fav food is chicken( little cannibals) and chips( or crisps to you guys). at present we have a family of six magpies, i wonder what that means?:Scared:

One for sorrow, two for joy
Three for a girl and four for a boy
Five for silver, six for gold
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

Another thing I used to say when I saw one magpie was:
Catch a collar never swallow for the rest of the day!!! Then I would hold on to my collar or anything around my neck and once I saw a dog or 4 legged animal I could let go LOL!!!!!!

Caz xxx:biggrin:

allright! im waiting for my gold now!:D

This thread has made my chuckle, I do the saluting thing to but out of habit. Theres another saying too...

..1 magpie seen by two means good luck for both of you.

Who makes these things up???

I'm not really superstitious but i hate anything to do with the devil!!

I think the only things that are unlucky to see magpies and other birds baby chicks :(

Latest posts

Back