1 magpie...what does that mean

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marilyn

:Scared: I have heard that seeing one magpie on its own means you're in for bad luck......you know one for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl and 4 for a boy....what does it mean when ONE magpie lands on your windowsill and actually knocks on the window with its beak before flying off!!!:Scared: :Scared:

oi give me some grub maybe?????????

lol

amb x

Maybe he was just making sure you'd seen him!

I hope that you 2 are right, I am very superstitious and seeing one on its own in the road is bad enough but having it knock on the window......:eek:

whenever i see a single magpie I always say "good day sir" dont know where it came from but its supposed to reverse the bad luck.

jac extreme said:
whenever i see a single magpie I always say "good day sir" dont know where it came from but its supposed to reverse the bad luck.

It happend so quick and gave me such a shock that I didnt have time to even think, let alone talk to it. I was just sitting here typing on this site (maybe it is trying to tell me I am spending too much time on here!!!)when it landed there. When I see one in the road I say '' Hello Mr Magpie where's your mate'' same theory there about reversing the bad luck, but didnt say that this time:Scared:

he was probably cold and wanted to be indoors with central heating, like the rest of us.

i allways say "good morning mr magpie hows your wife"...i havent got a clue where that saying came from.?????????????

I always salute (not sure if that is spelt right hope you know what I mean:o ) if I see a magpie and yes one is for sorrow:Scared: , this is what they say anyway.

I am sure all will be fine.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

maybe you had something shiney on your windowsill?

You must always be very polite to magpies or bad things will happen. Its the LAW.
I was always told that owls (ornamental or otherwise) were very bad luck in the house, but good luck outside.
Peacocks feathers were bad luck.
If you any ornamental elephants in your house they MUST be facing the equator.
If you kill spiders you will be poor.
NEVER EVER look in a mirror between midnight and dawn. (this is too scarey to tell you why)
Black cats are lucky.
sneezing goes as follows... ones a wish, twos a kiss, threes a dissapointment and then start at one again the next sneeze
rain on a sunny day is a brilliant thing to happen on your wedding day.

I am SOOOOO superstitious. I have some old ornaments in the shed, some of them elephants and they are ALL pointing towards the equator!
A friend gave me a peacock feather on a necklace and as soon as she left my house it was in the ouside bin. I did try to keep it in the house, but I just could not.
I always rescue spiders and never ever ever look in a mirror after midnight.
I know Im sad but I get all wibbly if I break any rules.

The day before I went into labour with my daughter, 3 magpies landed in my garden. and Ive never seen a magpie there before and I beleive it. when I see one on its own I cant help being paranoid that something bad is going to happen.

I always salute and say hello mr magpie hows mrs magpie today!
my husband thinks i'm mad but i don't want bad luck so i'll try anything.

tamimac said:
You must always be very polite to magpies or bad things will happen. Its the LAW.
I was always told that owls (ornamental or otherwise) were very bad luck in the house, but good luck outside.
Peacocks feathers were bad luck.
If you any ornamental elephants in your house they MUST be facing the equator.
If you kill spiders you will be poor.
NEVER EVER look in a mirror between midnight and dawn. (this is too scarey to tell you why)
Black cats are lucky.
sneezing goes as follows... ones a wish, twos a kiss, threes a dissapointment and then start at one again the next sneeze
rain on a sunny day is a brilliant thing to happen on your wedding day.

I am SOOOOO superstitious. I have some old ornaments in the shed, some of them elephants and they are ALL pointing towards the equator!
A friend gave me a peacock feather on a necklace and as soon as she left my house it was in the ouside bin. I did try to keep it in the house, but I just could not.
I always rescue spiders and never ever ever look in a mirror after midnight.
I know Im sad but I get all wibbly if I break any rules.
please let me in on the mirror one, i just cant help looking in the mirror all the time. dont no why i never get any better looking lol x

tamimac said:

i thought looking in the mirror was only bad if you said CANDYMAN three times! :Scared:

caz3 said:
I always salute (not sure if that is spelt right hope you know what I mean:o ) if I see a magpie and yes one is for sorrow:Scared: , this is what they say anyway.

I am sure all will be fine.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

I do this too. My uncle told that this gives good luck. Not really sure if I believe it though, its just habit now. xxx

ps. has anyone ever actually had the guts to do the candyman thing?

Toni Talons said:
ps. has anyone ever actually had the guts to do the candyman thing?

I did when i was younger, with my friend, and 'bloody mary' too, nothing happened but I still couldnt sleep for ages! x x

i don't think i'd have the guts. that film really freaked me. in fact, i was asleep and my ex had it on. i was having this really bad dream where i was being slashed to death and woke up to find it happening on the TV! i went mad at him for watching it (sicko!) ha ha.

Sorry, I'm thick!! Whats the Candy man and that mary thing?

Latest posts

Back