10vol developer = Semi perm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rtee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to start using semi permanents on my hair as it will less damaging and if I decide to go lighter in the future it wont be so hard. My hairdresser has suggested I buy some 10vol developer to use with my current Loreal Majirouge 7.46 - does this sound right to you? Doesn't the colour have to be specifically a "semi"? Just a bit unsure but I guess she knows what she is going.

Many thanks xxx

Thats not right hun. Majirel is a permanent colour regardless of the strength devleoper you use. try Loreal richesse or diacolor.

Hi all,

I want to start using semi permanents on my hair as it will less damaging and if I decide to go lighter in the future it wont be so hard. My hairdresser has suggested I buy some 10vol developer to use with my current Loreal Majirouge 7.46 - does this sound right to you? Doesn't the colour have to be specifically a "semi"? Just a bit unsure but I guess she knows what she is going.

Many thanks xxx

Nope permanent colours are permanent regardless of peroxide strength. (Although I think there are exceptions with some brands).

I'm quite shocked that your hairdresser is giving you advice on colouring your own hair :eek: x

Shocked too. It's incorrect advice. Permanent is permanent. the vol is just the level of lift. The way the pigment is delivered is what makes it permanent or semi. Majirouge is most definately permanent. Plus even with 10 vol there will be lift to your natural hair colour.

Thanks guys I thought this sounded a bit weird, she will be colouring my hair but just asked me to buy the products but I think I will make a trip to a different hairdresser. Thanks again xxx

Latest posts

Back