12/1 still warm (wella)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
I have. Client who was black 6mths ago. I have built up her hair with h/l, first with bleach then switch to 12/1.

Today she wished to have full head blonde has it had built up to almost full head. She had 1-1/2" regrowth base 7/8 I applied 12/1 - 12% left for 60 mins and this lifted up to a warm Shade. So I broke it up with a few bleach h/l.

So do you think next time that 12/81 would be better? And could I take this straight over the the band of 12/1, to remove tone or shall I just tone after with 10/? And pastel on the 12/1 band?

I have. Client who was black 6mths ago. I have built up her hair with h/l, first with bleach then switch to 12/1.

Today she wished to have full head blonde has it had built up to almost full head. She had 1-1/2" regrowth base 7/8 I applied 12/1 - 12% left for 60 mins and this lifted up to a warm Shade. So I broke it up with a few bleach h/l.

So do you think next time that 12/81 would be better? And could I take this straight over the the band of 12/1, to remove tone or shall I just tone after with 10/? And pastel on the 12/1 band?

if her natural roots are 7 you will need some violet in there, depending on what result you require. maybe 12/61 with 40vol, (12/81 may be a bit too ashen result) on the band of previous colour which was too warm, try 10/0 and 30vol. it works really well to remove unwanted tone/one shade of depth.

this is my personal opinion and has worked for me in the past, but does depend on the canvas you already have,

good luck xxx

I would also use 12/61 but i prefer to use 30 vol , as it doesn't throw up as much warmth, for 35-40 mins under lowish heat. i find 10/8 is good as a toner.

Latest posts

Back