15 Cert. and being 13

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would you find out what the certificate is for? ie swearing or nudity etc

I just googled the name of the film...

The cert. came up and it said what it was for...

It said... Rated 15 Action/Drama/Horror/Science Fiction

My friend took her daughter, who is 11, to see a film the other day which is a 12a and the first 10 mins was a sex education class and my pal did not know where to look or what to say, she was so embarassed.

Thanks Mercedes69 that has cleared it up.

Trish

Last edited:
Thank you.

It's weird, but I feel like I wouldn't mind mine seeing the blood and gore as much as a film with sex, nudity and swearing (and druggy stuff) in it.

Mine are very aware that people in films are ACTING and getting paid a lot of money for doing it, I've been bashing that into them from an early age cos they would get upset at anything, and I mean anything lol! So I feel they would bear this in mind with bloodthirstyness and know it wasn't real.

Obviously the sex elements in films aren't real either (well, erm . . . lol) but it opens a whole new can of worms for youngsters really, for whom all that is totally new . . .

So, whilst I'm waffling away here, I'm thinking now that if I was you, Beautyseeker, I would probably let her go too. Brilliant idea to find out what the rating was for.

My friend took her daughter, who is 11, to see a film the other day which is a 12a and the first 10 mins was a sex education class and my pal did not know where to look or what to say, she was so embarassed.

Thanks Mercedes69 that has cleared it up.

Trish

You are welcome Trish...xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back