15yr old wants extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_addict_extensions

Reaction score
Just been asked by the mother to book a consultation for her 15yr old daughter in for micro weft extensions. Apparently all get friends have extensions, checking with insurance first thing in the morning. Anyone else do under 16? Never been asked before

I was able to get my first set at fifteen maybe fourteen but that was a while ago lol

I ask that the parent is there during consultation and that the parent signs the forms.
My insurance doesn't state an age.
If I think they aren't mature enough to look after them then I won't do it x

I know a 15 year old who had extensions they were literally the biggest mess I've ever seen because she couldn't look after them, I did a hair up on her for prom the matt was as big as one of those Patrick Cameron padding things u can buy! Seriously bad (was awesome to pin grips into tho lol)

Been asked a number of times.... Never done it. My insurance said no to it so that was that. The girls of course went elsewhere and had them done but at least I wasn't risking my reputation and business.
X

I know this is what im thinking, I mean I'm all for extensions but what's the rush? 15!! She's still in school! I have a hard enough time getting my 18/19yr old clients to keep up with maintaince haha

question is are parents willing to pay for the aftercare to ensure the extensions are well looked after, and the kid is willing to do all the maintenance work with braiding, coming in every so often to get them pushed up... if they aren't not even worth asking the insurance people, you don't want clients who wont look after their extensions and have it looking dull, using appropriate products etc.

I don't do then until they are 16. I would suggest she gets clip ins. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back