1st attempt on glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muppe

Reaction score
Hey!
I went and bought some glitters today and I had to try them right away :green:
I know that the smile line isnt very clean :confused: I definitely need some practise on that!
I just want some comments about my nails because I have never been given any good or bad comments :lol:

Hi,

they're good for a first attempt, the colour of the glitter is lovely.

You could try mixing a little more glitter with your product to give a more dence coverage.
Working a little wetter with glitters is also good as you can play with pushing your smile line for a little longer,

did you putted the glitter on as the last step ?

I only applied glitter on top of uncured gel but mayby next time Ill mix it with gel because there are few bold spots! and louser is right it needs a more dense cover! :green:
There is a thin layer of gel on top. I didnt want it to be too thick but I guess the top layer could be thicker..

if you look in my album you will see some glitter nails that i did using gel.
i applied mine by
a thin bonder layer of gel over the whole nail
glitter mixed in with gel for the tips then
my builder layer of gel over the whole nail for apex etc...
i think you will get a mich better result doing the glitter this way.
i look forward to seeing your next set of nails.:)

Thank You for your comments.

I was so fustrated with my tips yesterday :cry: that before I even ate my breakfast today I filed my nails and started over with the glitters :green:

Im not sure did these turn out any better than the first ones :o Im very close to throwing every glitter pot to the garbage right now :sad:
Heres the picture from today:
http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7887&c=514

Please comment!

Last edited:
Well you certainly did a better job than I did. I ended up with glitter all over my nails!! :rolleyes:
Do you put gel over the whole nail and then apply gel to the tip, then cure??
I watched someone do glitter toe nails the other week but that was glitter sprinkled over the whole nail, which I imagine is far easier!!
Do you use a seperate brush for applying your glitters?
I am very green, so please forgive my novice questions! :green:
I ended up filing my glitter all off and just painting over my nails to hide the mess!! :irked: I havent given up though.....
Ang

Thank You for your comments.

I was so fustrated with my tips yesterday :cry: that before I even ate my breakfast today I filed my nails and started over with the glitters :green:

Im not sure did these turn out any better than the first ones :o Im very close to throwing every glitter pot to the garbage right now :sad:
Heres the picture from today:
http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7887&c=514

Please comment!

Those look much better then the first ones in my opinion. Don't go throwing the glitter out :) it's always frustrating in the beginning.
I always mix my glitter with gel since you have more control over the glitter. You get sharper lines and no bits of glitter in the pink part.
I always prep my nail, apply bonder and then use my glitter mix on the french and fill zone 2 and 3 in with pink or clear but always use clear gel over the glitter/ else the glitter can look blurry. By sculpting your nail over the glitter you will have a very smooth finish regardless of the amount of finishing gel you put over it.

The second time i tried this I mixed some glitter in my clear gel and and only applied it on the tips. I dont know why but I had a lot of trouble getting it to stay in the corners of the smile (..if that makes any sense to anyone..) ( The rest of the nail was filed ) It didnt become as glittery as I wanted so I dabbed some more glitter with a dry brush on top. Before I cured I used another clean brush to push the smile line back and pushed all the stray glitters to the tip. This was easy because the rest of the nail wasnt sticky!
Then I cured and formed the apex and so one..

Thank You for your nice comments!

Latest posts

Back