1st of sculpts 3 hours and not good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
Just did my 1st set of sculpts on some one other than myself and they were rubbish!
Really struggled with getting forms on correctly,so much more difficult on some one else! Does anyone have any tips for getting them to sit nice?!
Even my own right hand that I did with my bad hand look better than tonights miserable effort!

It's funny you say this because I also find at the moment that I can do a better job on myself than I can on others. I had to do a full set at school last night on a model who I know fairly well so it's not like she was a stranger but hers didn't come out as well as the ones I did on my husband last week, and he has really bad nails!

I think that some of the issues was that I was not in my usual set up at home so it took me longer with rummaging around in my case to find stuff. I guess even though I knew the girl, I was still nervous, teaching looking over and stuff, I couldn't get tips on her to save my life which I never have an issue with normally, but again, I only had a small bag of tips that came in my kit and the school had run out of the size I needed, I think all these small things added pressure on me and this doesn't help.

Did you feel pressured when you were doing your sculpts? I know it's hard but sometimes a deep breath and a little subconscious talking to can help!

Yeah probably pressured myself that I wanted to do a good job! I had expected for it to take hours just from reading posts on here! I was getting so frustrated while filing because it just wasn't happening, the nails were a bit lumpy and couldn't seem to sort them! Then there was the forms!

There is a youtube video from naiouk that shows great tips for how to put on nail forms!

I've seen a video by Greg from Young nails once, he did something to the form (cutting it i think) to make it stick/fit better.

Have you got a nail trainer? Ideal way to practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. YouTube also great for watching experts, such as young nails and CND.

Yeah I have watched all the you tube vids I can find!! Been practising for last few days on my own nails applying the forms and its looking better! Just bought a nail trainer from ebay so that'll keep me busy now!

fingernailfixer also has good youtube vid on fitting forms x

Yeah watched it a few times! I'm getting better!x

Latest posts

Back