2 months without pay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww my heart warmed there reading you positive attitude. You can be stuck in a rut for a long time without truly noticing until that 1 person says the right thing and puts light on your path. Good luck chick!!! Xxx

Awwwwww haha :D Thank youuu so much girls :) xx

Just caught up with your thread.

Good luck and go for it :biggrin:

I know Mitie very well, they are a 'reputable' company but a huge company who's area managers and supervisors aren't always that great.

As cynical as it is a lot of big cleaning companies/divisions see part time cleaners as disposable commodoties and will stall payment knowing most can't keep affording to work for nothing and so bugger off = a few weeks free labour :evil:

Who have you been speaking to regarding your wages? Take it higher, ring every day, twice a day. Have you got the number for their HR dept?

I know Mitie very well, they are a 'reputable' company but a huge company who's area managers and supervisors aren't always that great.

As cynical as it is a lot of big cleaning companies/divisions see part time cleaners as disposable commodoties and will stall payment knowing most can't keep affording to work for nothing and so bugger off = a few weeks free labour :evil:

Who have you been speaking to regarding your wages? Take it higher, ring every day, twice a day. Have you got the number for their HR dept?

Have you worked for them?
Really? Oh gawd I didn't know that! Well I'm sticking it out as I am that desperate for money :(
I've just been harassing my supervisor. Nope I havn't, but I'm giving them till the end of the week and i'll be taking it further

Thankyou for your help :D

Yeah - a lot of big companies like that just don't give a monkeys about their workers - wouldn't surprise me if they are in collusion with the job centre to get free labour out of people on JSA either. The whole system sucks if you ask me! Would make a lot more sense if the job centre actually bothered to work at getting people into proper careers, rather than dead-end jobs like menial cleaning work for huge corporations!

Yeah - a lot of big companies like that just don't give a monkeys about their workers - wouldn't surprise me if they are in collusion with the job centre to get free labour out of people on JSA either. The whole system sucks if you ask me! Would make a lot more sense if the job centre actually bothered to work at getting people into proper careers, rather than dead-end jobs like menial cleaning work for huge corporations!
Well said! and they treat you like they don't care. Yeah thats what I said, do the job centre expect me to work as a cleaner the rest of my life? I don't think so!

Well said! and they treat you like they don't care. Yeah thats what I said, do the job centre expect me to work as a cleaner the rest of my life? I don't think so!

All they care about is getting you off JSA so that the Government don't have to keep paying you benefits. Then you have that clown George Osborne putting money into building roads and whatnot - surely he'd be better off using the money to help train up young people for a proper career? No point in roads if you can't afford a car and haven't got a job to drive to!

All they care about is getting you off JSA so that the Government don't have to keep paying you benefits. Then you have that clown George Osborne putting money into building roads and whatnot - surely he'd be better off using the money to help train up young people for a proper career? No point in roads if you can't afford a car and haven't got a job to drive to!

Yeahh but people are spending out to get new tyres because of all the potholes which i understand but i do agree, if you want to do something in life, you have to do it on your own you get no help/support whatsoever

Yeahh but people are spending out to get new tyres because of all the potholes which i understand but i do agree, if you want to do something in life, you have to do it on your own you get no help/support whatsoever

Yeah that's crap about the potholes; I think George O was more into building new roads than fixing the existing ones though! Personally, I'd be thinking more along the lines of improving broadband infrastructure to make it easier for people to work from home - that would save an absolute shed load of CO2 because people wouldn't have to commute to do office type jobs (e.g. the sort of computer geekery that I do) - as well as putting less strain on the roads and saving money. But our short sighted Government would say no to that, because of all that lovely fuel duty they wouldn't be getting - that they love to extort out of us poor motorists now...

Have you worked for them?
Really? Oh gawd I didn't know that! Well I'm sticking it out as I am that desperate for money :(
I've just been harassing my supervisor. Nope I havn't, but I'm giving them till the end of the week and i'll be taking it further

Thankyou for your help :D

Do not give them to the end of the week, ring their HR dept today, otherwise you will be waiting another 2 weeks+ to get paid. Your supervisor will be nothing more than a cleaner who is being paid a bit more than you.

I have never worked for them personally but I do know a lot about the company and how the industry works from a management level.

If you want to get on in anything you have to speak up for yourself, not just sit back and bitch about it.

wouldn't surprise me if they are in collusion with the job centre to get free labour out of people on JSA either.

:rolleyes:

Seriously ?

Yes but that is a scheme they have entered into. They are still getting their benefits and by showing an interest in work makes them more appealable to prospective employers.

It is not a company offering someone employment that is in some underhand collusion with DWP to get free labour! There is a difference.

If you are seeking a job then work experience is invaluable, showing a work ethic is invaluable. The last three people I have employed I have done so because whilst out of work they did volunteer work = they prove they want to work.

Yes but that is a scheme they have entered into. They are still getting their benefits and by showing an interest in work makes them more appealable to prospective employers.

It is not a company offering someone employment that is in some underhand collusion with DWP to get free labour! There is a difference.

If you are seeking a job then work experience is invaluable, showing a work ethic is invaluable. The last three people I have employed I have done so because whilst out of work they did volunteer work = they prove they want to work.

I guess so; but I would have hoped that the DWP would at least have paid their travel expenses and something extra on top of basic JSA for the privilege; if I were in power, I'd make sure that people doing these sorts of Jobcentre mandated placements got at least minimum wage for their efforts; yes it's a good thing that people want to work - but (if it's not volunteer work for charity in addition to their main source of income) people need to be paid for their work at the end of the day, otherwise what's the point?

A friend of mine went to work for this company last year . She was taken over from another company - with contact and all. She was due to be paid every fortnight, HOWEVER, two weeks went by - no money. Called manager, hr and payroll, everyone telling a different story. Anyway, they kept telling her she would be paid the following week. A MONTH went by and she was finally told she is is on monthly salary instead and wouldnt be getting paid till the following month. She was not getting jsa, her bf wasnt working at the time and all, she was in tears talking to me. Two months later she finally got paid. There is no communications or respect to people over there. I spoke to quite a few people that worked/work there and unfortunately everyone says the same thing and complains about the same problems :-/ i think that some companys just become a mess once they grow so big.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

A friend of mine went to work for this company last year . She was taken over from another company - with contact and all. She was due to be paid every fortnight, HOWEVER, two weeks went by - no money. Called manager, hr and payroll, everyone telling a different story. Anyway, they kept telling her she would be paid the following week. A MONTH went by and she was finally told she is is on monthly salary instead and wouldnt be getting paid till the following month. She was not getting jsa, her bf wasnt working at the time and all, she was in tears talking to me. Two months later she finally got paid. There is no communications or respect to people over there. I spoke to quite a few people that worked/work there and unfortunately everyone says the same thing and complains about the same problems :-/ i think that some companys just become a mess once they grow so big.

Woah! Thats outrageous! Tbh I never knew anything about this company till now... with christmas in 4 weeks im in a panic!

Do not give them to the end of the week, ring their HR dept today, otherwise you will be waiting another 2 weeks+ to get paid. Your supervisor will be nothing more than a cleaner who is being paid a bit more than you.

I have never worked for them personally but I do know a lot about the company and how the industry works from a management level.

If you want to get on in anything you have to speak up for yourself, not just sit back and bitch about it.

:rolleyes:

Seriously ?

I tried ringing them, no answer. I'll try again later

Last edited:
And demand to be paid in check! Asap. I cant help you with numbers, im sorry but you must stand for your rights.they WILL eventually do what they have to fo but you MUST stay on their case every day a few times a day.

A friend of mine went to work for this company last year . She was taken over from another company - with contact and all.

Then she would have been covered by TUPE regulations and they can't just do that.

Whats the HR dept number pleaseee? :)

Their basic numbers.

Employee queries
Employee services helpline
+44 (0)117 322 1880

Cleaning payroll
+44 (0)117 322 1322

Cleaning HR
+44 (0)117 322 1880
http://www.mitie.com/investors_ir-contacts.htm
Security queries
+44 (0)1908 671317

If you are still struggling let me know. You do need to move quickly though as the time limit to lodge a claim for unpaid wages or unlawful deductions from wages has been reduced to 3 months.

Then she would have been covered by TUPE regulations and they can't just do that.

Their basic numbers.

Employee queries
Employee services helpline
+44 (0)117 322 1880

Cleaning payroll
+44 (0)117 322 1322

Cleaning HR
+44 (0)117 322 1880
http://www.mitie.com/investors_ir-contacts.htm
Security queries
+44 (0)1908 671317

If you are still struggling let me know. You do need to move quickly though as the time limit to lodge a claim for unpaid wages or unlawful deductions from wages has been reduced to 3 months.
I'm not getting through to them, ill keep trying though!

Latest posts

Back