2 spray tans yesterday same time-1 claims she is "patchy and blotchy"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linzi73

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I am really upset today as I did 2 tans yesterday at the same time one after the other and they have messaged me this morning to say one girls tan has come out ok yet the other girl is "very unhappy as she is patchy and blotchy everywhere"

I do not understand how this can happen. Its not like the tan solution has decided to spray one girl fine then take a dislike to the other and ruin her skin?!

I gave them all the pre treatment advice and aftercare advice yet they are basically saying its my fault as she was "waiting for another tan place to open to sort it out"

I have advised her skin may not have been prepped as it should have been and the fact they went to hairdressers straight after the tans so if she sweated a lot this could have maybe affected the newly done tans first layer.

I also asked if she has actually showered this morning and washed the guide off before messaging me as the patchy girl told me she once forgot to wash the guide off and went out with it one so Ithought I best just check!

I'm really upset that they are pointing the finger at me.

I have only just started and have been FANATICAL about getting these tans right by practising endlessly on my daughter and friends.

I have watched steve@nouvatans video on my machine (ts50 with helia) so many times to get my spray right and always have a practice spray before any clients to just to set my guns spray so I know its perfect before getting to a clients house.

Has anyone with experience had this happen? If so how did they deal with it?

I have offered to do her another tan today but I have had no reply as yet to any of my messages.

I would appreciate any advice as all the tans I have done have never gone blotchy or patchy even when I was learning and it was running everywhere it still washed off fine and not streaky.

Its knocked my confidence a little bit as they could go badmouthing me to all and sundry and I wont get any new custom :sad:

Look forward to hearing your great advice

Linzi x

Really you need to get her to come and see you or send a picture so you can assess the 'damage'. Its unlikely to be you fault so try not to feel rubbish about it. You shouldn't really have offered her a new tan without seeing her first, certainly not at your expense if its her fault the tans patchy.

Poor you. This has happened to me before. Two young girls came in with the mother of one of the girls for spray tans before a dancing competition. One was great, the other patchy. Like you I felt dreadful. The mother was very understanding (but I think this was because her daughter's tan was the one that was good, her daughters friend was the one that wasn't). We both agreed the other girl had quite oily skin and had probably not prepared her skin properly. She may have used a salt scrub with oil in it beforehand, or used moisturiser on her skin after her shower. Unfortunately there is not much you can do, unless you prepare the skin for them. I wouldn't take it too much to heart, you have offered to re-do the tan and that is all you can do. It's just a learning curve. When you have your next client make sure you tell them the importance of preparing the skin. No oils of any kind, no moisturiser, perfume, makeup or deodorant. But I know you know that anyway but we just have to drum it into them.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better hun :hug:

You can always use a prep spray if you want to make 100% sure that the client's skin is prepared correctly. But this person just sounds like a nutter... one time "forgot" to shower the guide colour off? How do you FORGET to have a shower every day? Yuck!

maybe she had really dry skin. I have had a few tans, and the first few I had always came out patchy and blotchy, or didn't take to my skin at all as it was really dry. now I get perfect tans as I prep a lot better now!

This happened to me the other day too :( one lady came back saying her lower legs were patchy, I went back and they were. Never seen a tan go like that and so random in one area. I just tried to spray in the patchy bits and haven't had more contact so assume its ok now! All you can do is offer to correct it, of they refuse then you have done all you can. Just don't worry about it, sometimes things go wrong for some unexplainable reason! Xxx

Latest posts

Back