2015 training courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not not (yet) a professional but even to me, having to find a "loophole" in the law to practice a treatment, does not fill me with confidence!

Laser Ipl and teeth whitening is the next big thing or is the big thing right now. You can get training including machine for about 3.5K now and it worked like magic. I use Allwhite3000 and I would recommend their training programme to start your business in 2015.

Reading this, sounds like you already offer the treatment?

Reading this, sounds like you already offer the treatment?

If you read a few posts down she (or he) says they have been doing it for years!

I agree about the loophole as well.

As a professional beauty therapist, teeth whitening holds absolutely no interest for me whatsoever. I have seen too many therapists being promised that if you do it like this, you can't be prosecuted only to be prosecuted and having no support from the company who sold them everything they need!

I would always worry that someone had found a loophole in my loophole lol!!!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained approx 8 years ago with a teeth whitening company owned by dentists and with their training done by dentists & dental nurses! Only after paying tens of thousands (yes 16k + vat!!) during the training (after payment had been made of course) were told we may or may not encounter the GDC or other Dentist threatening us (therapists/salon owners) as GDC considered it dentistry but at the time it was under law as cosmetic. The kind of whitening process we trained in was not what is on offer now by teeth whitening companies, training was 5 days, we had to put mouth guards in the mouth, peroxide was mixed at the time of application, Gum dam applied etc. It sensitized the teeth terribly after for several days - none of this led blue light - it was dental equipment (autoclave/tools etc). I did it for 2 years before I decided I couldn't live with the possibility of been prosecuted by the GDC. I did find it ironic the company owned by dentists didn't mind taking thousands from non dentists knowing at the time what was happening.
Anyway, any treatment you have to find a "loop hole" to do isn't worth doing, if a judge decided it's worth prosecuting then a solicitor cannot do much about it - if I'd known then what I know now Id have saved my money!

Hi geeks!!
I am getting itchy feet and want to do another training course next year. What are you all planning? Can we think what the next big thing may be?! Xx

I think brows will continue to be a big part of the industry, treatments such as microblading & brow extensions - I'm going to train in brow extensions but other than that I wait until the shows to look at other things x

There is still a way to do it without breaching dentistry. My friend's dad is a solicitor and she's been doing it for years and the GDC cannot touch her simply because there is a loop hole in the law and a certain way you have to ask the client to sign out a consent form and certain way that you can or cannot do during the treatment to ptotect yourself from doing dentistry. Many has been prosecuted because they are breaching the dentistry law, but many more has not but ofcourse it's not going to be listed on the GDC website. Does not stop me from going into it in the new year though :)

Sent from my SM-N915FY using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, but you're talking complete poo.
You gave yourself away when you mentioned clients signing a consent form, lol.

You're welcome to risk it yourself but please don't use a professional beauty forum to push your unqualified pseudo advice.

I fancy going into laser hair removal as I think it's the future. Do any of you do it? And where's good to train? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my god I cannot believe you paid that much. I really feel rotten for you, That's a Mortgage deposit! Which company is this? Dentists are people at the end of the day and I think nail tech can just be as good with our hands. Some good dentists and some bad who are just greedy. But I guess maybe 8 years ago it was more expensive as it's about £1000 to £2000 now. Even my own dentist say the GDC just take his money and he believe that teeth whitening is not difficult at al and they should just let it go to beutician. A few non dentists did get fine but not that much. Most fines are around £1000 to £1500 on GDC website. My friend makes that much in a day or 2 so no wonder why people still go for it as it's only a slap on the wrist. I've had the gum dam mixing gel method done on me years ago and it's quite complicated but the result is pretty much the same I think as what my friend done for me. I just hope all goes well for me and if I hear anything from the law on the future I will let you know. I think if I follow my friends path I will have no trouble fingers crossed. Good business sometime come with a slight risk and I guess I'm a risk taker and most times it worked out ok, only a little risk not drug dealing lol. Anyway, Goodnight to you

Sent from my SM-N915FY using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I was well & truly ripped off I lost a lot of money - but the training & equipment I received outweighed what is been offered by the few teeth whitening companies left trading to non dental pros today. At the end of the day dentists go to uni for 5 years not 5 days so really there is a difference between a nail tech & a dentist. I won't mention the name of the company on this forum as it can be read openly but they are no longer trading - which tells us something yes?!
Anyway clearly your mind is made up even though there are many threads, those with experience doing it & those who have unfortunately been prosecuted doing it. I can only advise I hope it doesn't happen to you & your friend in the future. Good luck in your business.

I fancy going into laser hair removal as I think it's the future. Do any of you do it? And where's good to train? X

Lynton lasers offer training and machines.

Has anyone done their assessors award? xx

I completed my PTLLS & am now thinking whether I should move on to the Assessors course.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll have my NVQ 3 in hairdressing by September and want to start doing Keratin blowdrys I fancy lash extensions and hair removal as well but I'm not 100% sure about veering into Beauty when I still have so much to learn about hair

I did my pttls about 8 years ago. I wanted to get into education then. Before everyone decided they do to! There are too many rubbish tutors around almost as many as there are salons these days!! I don't want to be a part of that now.

On another note. I want to go microblading.

Latest posts

Back