3D acrylic flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
Is it just me or are these ALOT harder to do than what they look?! I have tried for months to perfect these & i just can't seem to do it :( daren't even try roses lol.

Does anyone else have any tips? I have watched endless youtube videos & this is the best i have done yet (still not happy)

If anyone has any tips regarding roses aswell please post them :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395521281.000656.jpg

Not much help but I think that flower is lovely!

sent from my Samsung s4 mini

Wow you should be very proud of that flower Hun, that's gawjuss, ii need to try these ii just keep putting off acrylic cz ii let it get the better of me!! But this is lovely Hun xx

Practice!
I watched lots of You Tube videos to prefect it. Here's some I've done

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395526691.571207.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree that this flower is really good. Great job!

Thankyou everyone. I just feel that they dont actually look like petals i cant serm to make the dent/groove properly :( really wanna master them for summer! Daren't even attempt roses again as i will end up chucking everything at wall in a paddy ;)

I think it looks great xx

I think your flower is fab

This is my first attempt last night
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395573743.226939.jpg

Mobile nail tech in training!
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Is it just me or are these ALOT harder to do than what they look?! I have tried for months to perfect these & i just can't seem to do it :( daren't even try roses lol.

Does anyone else have any tips? I have watched endless youtube videos & this is the best i have done yet (still not happy)

If anyone has any tips regarding roses aswell please post them :)

View attachment 59713

Try a sharper 3d brush, you want a smaller size, not too long of a belly, and the shape will be flat but pointed more. That's the best brushes I've found for that crisp separation when you pull through your pearl of l n p. Even though you may feel like that's what's wrong you may be surprised. I don't cut that line through so much any more, but I sure use the crisp edge of my brush for some movement in my petals, some lifted pieces really bring

Also make sure when your making the shape the acrylic is not wet, it's got to have a opaque effect then start doing your 3d design.

Also make sure when your making the shape the acrylic is not wet, it's got to have a opaque effect then start doing your 3d design.

I'm taking the liquid out of the bead before i place on the nail

Like 411 said make sure your bead is not wet, let it settle on the nail before you start to shape it and make sure to keep your brush really clean. When doing petals use the tip of your brush to create the well where it dips in, and use the belly of your brush to drag the back of the bead out so it flattens, your edges will stay ridged and 3d looking almost curled while the body of the petal goes flatter and transparent almost. Then -optional -use the tip of your brush again to draw a line straight through the middle to create the fold, this will also pull the very tip of the petal out so it points, good for roses :)
As said before a smaller brush works best for 3D.
Also make sure you leave enough space when placing your beads next to your petals so when the bead 'breathes' it doesn't touch your last petal & ruin the design :)
I'm no expert by any means with 3D, these are just tips I was taught which I find help me.
But after saying all this, your flower does look great!! Practice makes perfect :)

Like 411 said make sure your bead is not wet, let it settle on the nail before you start to shape it and make sure to keep your brush really clean. When doing petals use the tip of your brush to create the well where it dips in, and use the belly of your brush to drag the back of the bead out so it flattens, your edges will stay ridged and 3d looking almost curled while the body of the petal goes flatter and transparent almost. Then -optional -use the tip of your brush again to draw a line straight through the middle to create the fold, this will also pull the very tip of the petal out so it points, good for roses :)
As said before a smaller brush works best for 3D.
Also make sure you leave enough space when placing your beads next to your petals so when the bead 'breathes' it doesn't touch your last petal & ruin the design :)
I'm no expert by any means with 3D, these are just tips I was taught which I find help me.
But after saying all this, your flower does look great!! Practice makes perfect :)

Thankyou!! Just the kind of advice i was looking for :)

No worries glad I could be of help :) keep up the good work xx

I like to use a size 3 brush for my 3d acrylic work it's much more manageable, try to remove all access liquid from your bead this will minimise the 'spread' as the bead settles if you arnt working with a speed set acrylic I usually place my first bead then my second one then go back to my 1st one and shape it pretty much as 'bdnails' describes then I move onto the second bead and repeat this for the second bead that way your beads have started to firm up a little and they shouldn't run it really is just practice I used to do my own nails all the time for practice but I hadn't done any flowers in ages and my current nails proved I'm outta practice lol I still like them anyways tho ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395624500.124074.jpg

Good brush is important, small and firm. I use the crystal nails 3d brushes and have a couple and love them. You need to make sure as said beads not to wet, wait till it's loosing its shine and practice. If not maybe find a one day class. I love doing 3d work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 526
Good brush is important, small and firm. I use the crystal nails 3d brushes and have a couple and love them. You need to make sure as said beads not to wet, wait till it's loosing its shine and practice. If not maybe find a one day class. I love doing 3d work

OMG! Amazing!!! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks great on accent nails

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 539
Looks great on accent nails

Amazing! Think i'm gonna practise my roses! I can do the base petals its just building them up what i find tricky

Latest posts

Back