3D bows for nail enhancements ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hijack this thread, I was going to post something slightly similar, and came across this one!!

I use Gelicure, and bought these skulls last week... Can anyone suggest the best way to attach them? I don't think putting them in the tacky last colour layer, curing and then putting top coat on would hold them... If I took off the inhibition layer after I'd finished my nails, and attached them with nail tip glue, do you think this would work?

Again, sorry to hijack!! Xx

View attachment 15011
I love these...seen them attached in another post, sorry if you have already said but where did you get these from?

I love these...seen them attached in another post, sorry if you have already said but where did you get these from?

I got them from eBay :) xx

Still waiting for mine off ebay grrrr! Got clients waiting to have them done!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Still waiting for mine off ebay grrrr! Got clients waiting to have them done!!

Were they from uk? Mine turned up after 2 days!

No hong kong! (will use a uk seller next time) Nail tips i ordered the same day turned up today so im hoping they should be here soon. Still worrying how im going to attach them as i use gel overlay not acrylic :-/

How about some glue?

Errmm dont think it will be strong enough. I was gonna try a blob of gel and see if it cures with the bow sitting in it. Im lucky to have two teenage daughters who are always willing to be my guinea pigs! Lol

Errmm dont think it will be strong enough. I was gonna try a blob of gel and see if it cures with the bow sitting in it. Im lucky to have two teenage daughters who are always willing to be my guinea pigs! Lol

I used nail tip glue to put silver skulls onto my gel polish. They'll be on a fortnight on Saturday and I'm REALLY hard on my hands!! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337722219.686623.jpg

I attached these with acrylic, I doubt glue would have held them as they sit quite high up, flatter designs will be fine though x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337760536.140498.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337760536.140498.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 28,717
I use a small bead of acrylic then place the bow on top once set I then place acrylic under the free edge of the bow as I find if u don't do this they can crack very easily. Hope this helps x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337795229.781086.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337795229.781086.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 47,544
I use a small bead of acrylic then place the bow on top once set I then place acrylic under the free edge of the bow as I find if u don't do this they can crack very easily. Hope this helps x

OMG I LOVE these!!!!!!!!! :) xx

Can I ask girls how do you remove these, I'm assuming soak if they are having a new set but if they are having infills and would like the change their 3d jewels? thank you x

im feeling very old looking at these!!!!!!!i cant see my clients wanting them.....im guessing its younger girls that are asking for these??????

Has anyone sculpted bows with gel? I posted a thread a while back about bows and have tried to sculpt my own with gel but havent been able to acheive it!! I dont use L & P Xx

Has anyone sculpted bows with gel? I posted a thread a while back about bows and have tried to sculpt my own with gel but havent been able to acheive it!! I dont use L & P Xx

I haven't, but I spotted little sculpting trays on eBay to do this, have you tried them? Xx

I haven't, but I spotted little sculpting trays on eBay to do this, have you tried them? Xx

Oh no il be straight on to ebay i find the 3d ones too bulky and my clients catch them xx thanks hun x

Hi sorry to bother you, I saw your thread on gel and bows... Did the glue hold the bows on please. As I was having the same thought, just waiting for my bows and didn't know wether to put on with the last coat and cure or glue. . Many thanks
Lisa new girl lol x

no glue or gel didnt hold. I now use a small blob of acrylic and they are holding great :)

Latest posts

Back