3D design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello all!
I am slowly starting to practice 3d designs with acrylics and i have a question about them and thought i could get the opinion of you geeks ;)

Well basically i want to know when to do the 3d design, do i do after i am done with the nails over the top coat? will it even stick on the top coat? or do i do them before the top coat and then top coat the whole thing? How do you do it?

file then apply the 3d then topcoat i use brush on nail glue or abit of acrylic as top coat will not last long at all.x

Why wont it last? does top coating the 3d design make it look different? cause i am under the impression that it does, do i do the same thing if i want to put a 3d in gel nails too?

I have been recently playing around with 3d nail art....after attending IBSNYC...Trang Nugyen (Odessy Nails) I had the good fortune to sit down at his table and he did some 3d nail art amazing,amazing work...I was told you can either do top coat first then apply your 3d design...this way there is a pop of different textures and does not blend in...it nicely contrasts....if you want a more blended look top coat the whole enhancement and 3d design! hope this helps out it did for me:confused: Nailgoddess629

This was just the question I was wondering, my 3d work sits well on a top coated nail, but did wonder whether to top coat the 3D flower, as someone I did one on said after a few days the petals looked a little darker as if picking up dust, dirt etc... So thought maybe a top coat would stop that every day grubbiness, which would be best... Normal top coat or UV?

Acrylic pre buffing or top coating is matte , its pourus and will stain and collect grub !

shinny top coat will add a reflection , flowers are not glossy and often its not a good look ,

I avoide this by adding a layer of CND supper matte top coat or neubar for men .

Thanks so much, I agree that flowers don't look right glossy and a Matt coat would be great, soo that info is fab

:)

I always do my 3d work after top coating looks so much nicer and effective as the design stands out more as its not all glossy and shiney.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343900874.385997.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343900874.385997.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 99
That's what I like the contrast between the gloss and the Matt, but the white does get dirty, so I've ordered some Matt topcoat and will try this out.

Love your photo MissLB

Latest posts

Back