3d flowers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
Hi guys,
need your help, I have done a search but cant find what I am looking for are there any links/ tutorials etc on 3d flowers not the big ones that you roll(and I cant do) but the slightly raised ones I really want to have a go at them.

I haven't followed any tutorial for mine, I just had a go!
I have found working with a practically dry brush helps, as if the mix the is too wet it just flows all over place, and the colour doesn't stay vibrant.
another tip is making your brush to a point so you can pick up tiny balls, I will be investing in a pointed brush to make this easier.
Also if you look at the Crimbo nails tutorial part 2 that will help.
just have fun practicing on cheap tips.
I hope I've helped, feel free to pm me if you need to know anything else.

Found this 3d pic on a website - this may give you some ideas Jac .. gonna try and emulate it if I can :)

Hi guys, not as easy as it looks is it:irked: grrr keep on trying

Hi Jac,
If you place a small bead onto the nail then pull at the edge to make a teardrop shape and slightly flaten to the nail, Once the bead starts to set get the tip of your brush or a cocktail stick and sweep down the centre of the petal. Repeat this in a circle shape say 5 times to create a flower. Then place a tiny bead in the middle to make the centre of the flower. To do the leaves place the bead then pull the top and bottom of the bead out to a point to make the leave shape leave for a minute the as with the petals sweep the brush tip down to create the vein on the leaf.
Hths

just wanna add to what Lell said
if you use a faster setting powder like the pastel flower collection or competion white powder they hold the shape better
if i can help at all please just pm me

Jess
xox

Thanks jessica I will, these are my first attempts the last three are not bad. oh pooh the pics arnt clear, well I have been on the vino blanco.

Attachments

• DSCF1143.JPG
    DSCF1143.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 176
having a quick look... what powders are you using? and what set are they?
the first few flowers look like you are working too wet
its a good idea to visualise the flower before you start... where you want the petals to go etc... like Lell said its best to start v simple with tear drop petals then go on from there

Jess
xox

To Jess and Lell,I really wanted to show you these, coz they are so much better (tho I say so myself) but My camera really is pooo and you cant see the white one very well.
thanks for your advice girls:D

Attachments

• DSCF1169.JPG
    DSCF1169.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 135
You look like you are getting there Jac ... :)

jac extreme said:
To Jess and Lell,I really wanted to show you these, coz they are so much better (tho I say so myself) but My camera really is pooo and you cant see the white one very well.
thanks for your advice girls:D

Looking good Jac :)

Jess
xox

lell said:
Hi Jac,
If you place a small bead onto the nail then pull at the edge to make a teardrop shape and slightly flaten to the nail, Once the bead starts to set get the tip of your brush or a cocktail stick and sweep down the centre of the petal. Repeat this in a circle shape say 5 times to create a flower. Then place a tiny bead in the middle to make the centre of the flower. To do the leaves place the bead then pull the top and bottom of the bead out to a point to make the leave shape leave for a minute the as with the petals sweep the brush tip down to create the vein on the leaf.
Hths

???????????????????????????????????????????????? Is it just me or does that sound way too confusing:confused:

lol Only joking Lell i read it re-read it and read it again and i get the jist now (now i don't understand why i didn't understand it to begin with)

Can you tell i'm on the Voddy's! lol the word jibberish springs to mind.

Anyway getting back to the thread gunna have a go at this tomorrow i'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the tips Lell < no pun intended Tips Tips do you get it?

had another go. I am getting better, I think, camera working better too:D

Attachments

• DSCF1177.JPG
    DSCF1177.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 143
jac extreme said:
had another go. I am getting better, I think, camera working better too:D

Hi Jac,
They look good babe :hug: There will be no stopping you now :D
Also if you make the beads slightly smaller they will flatten down a bit more ;)

Thanks lell, I am really enjoying myself and anything that stands still for long enough has been 3d'd:D

jac extreme said:
Thanks lell, I am really enjoying myself and anything that stands still for long enough has been 3d'd:D

Addictive isn't it lol enjoy and keep posting them pics.

ive been 3d'ing all week so far.... i love my comp white powder and a touch of wof powder with em or amber... loving orange centres at the mo

your flowers a definitly improving hun
keep it up

i can see all your clients getting 3d holly at crimbo too ;)

Jess
xox

wow Jac what an improvement from the first pics to the last ones, that's fantastic to be able to achieve that in such a short space of time.
I'm looking forward to more of your pics :D
xxx

Well sandi, here they come.........:D

ps can someone else play too. Im getting lonley

Attachments

• blue nails 005.jpg
    blue nails 005.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 250
  • blue nails 024.jpg
    blue nails 024.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 329

Latest posts