3D nail art, bows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah1611

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used 3D bows or other 3D nail art? How did you stick it on and did you use top coat?x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I use a very small amount of nail glue, works well for me :)

Hi
Do you put them on ordinary polish on top of top coat

What would you remove them with

I've just discovered these recently and am now doing lots! I make them out of tiny balls of white or coloured acrylic and they stick like there's no tomorrow, there's no danger of them falling off or getting knocked off, as they are welded tight to the nail beneath!

I've done them on top of l&p with and without glaze and go on it, but geeks on here (when I asked the question) said they can be put on top of nail varnish or Shellac and they stay put.

Fingernailfixer on you tube does some tutorials I think x

Can u do acrylic bows on top of harmony gelish?x

Yes you can over any gel polish. You might want to buff to take the shine off first where you want the bows to go to help it stop in place a little but depends whether you want the bows to be shiny after another top coat or not. I prefer the 3d acrylic bows to be matte in contrast to the shiny underneath. Same with the ready made plastic bows, just buff a little where you want to place them and it'll help them stay in place better, hth x

Thanks u very much :) with the plastic ready made bows do u put top it off on then stick the bow to the nail and cure? Will it not fall off? x

Yes you can over any gel polish. You might want to buff to take the shine off first where you want the bows to go to help it stop in place a little but depends whether you want the bows to be shiny after another top coat or not. I prefer the 3d acrylic bows to be matte in contrast to the shiny underneath. Same with the ready made plastic bows, just buff a little where you want to place them and it'll help them stay in place better, hth x

I'm so glad someone else asked this question about the bows,i have acrylic molds and was wondering about putting them on top of my gelish nails..When you said you buff the nail a lil to make the bow stick,that's after you cure it and wipe it with the cleanse right? and the acrylic bow just sticks w/ no glue? i'm kinda slow,haha...well, new at this so i need specifics *blush* :lol:

Yep top it off and cure, wipe then stick. I stick them really well and they are 99% of the time still on at their maintenance appt. they can come off if caught on something x

Yep, cure, wipe buff and stick with glue. Even with the molded 3d's, they all work the same. You may have to hold in place for a few seconds as they can slide out of place until stuck, then I dot a little bit of glue underneath the edges for extra sticking power. Hth x

Yep, cure, wipe buff and stick with glue. Even with the molded 3d's, they all work the same. You may have to hold in place for a few seconds as they can slide out of place until stuck, then I dot a little bit of glue underneath the edges for extra sticking power. Hth x

Thanks sooo much! I'm def gonna give this a try,i'm excited! haha..do you have any pics by any chance of gelish nails you've done & added molds to? :)

Thank u for your help can't wait to try this out :) x

Latest posts

Back