3D nail art help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spakitten

Reaction score
Hi guys! I asked a similar question a while back and didnt get much of a response so giving this another shot! I've been learning how to do 3D nail art (ie: large pearls, bows, skulls, gems, etc) and am having trouble getting then to stay on my clients artificial nails. I tried curing them into the gel top coat, but they seem to fall off within only a few days.

What is the best method for properly adhering very large 3D nail decals?

Thanks for the help :)

Hiya hunni, Are you making the 3D yourself or buying it in ?? if i put gems on acrylic i use acrylic to put them on.
i make all my own 3d on the nails so it stays put till you file it off :)

No am buying the decals. Looking to apply them on top of both acrylic or gel extensions.

I've never had an issuer curing small gems into a gel top coat, but these extra large decals don't seem to stay by simply doing this. I've stried globbing gel on top and covering the decals then curing again, which makes them last much longer, but it looks goopy and messy. There must be a better way!! :(

I would use a bead of acrylic and push it in and while still wet remove excess, that's way should hold fast, but with large 3d items on nails I woud never give a guarantee or timeframe for them to stay on as so easy for the client to catch.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back