5 free gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
To my surprise, my clients really care if the products we use are toxic free or not! Any one else using Big 5 free gels too? Im thinking of getting more, but im not sure what are brands are Big 5 Free.

I'm currently using Angel Pro Gelly Polish.

To my surprise, my clients really care if the products we use are toxic free or not! Any one else using Big 5 free gels too? Im thinking of getting more, but im not sure what are brands are Big 5 Free.

I'm currently using Angel Pro Gelly Polish.
3 free means it doesn't contain Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Formaldehyde.

5 free means it also doesn't contain Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor.

I am pretty sure these aren't actually ingredients used in gel polish anyway? They are ingredients used to make standard nail polish and these days they aren't all that common. Correct me if I'm wrong. Fairly sure we have a few science/chemistry geeks here. Can't think of who to tag though!

I've never heard of the brand you are using, sorry. I try to stick to well known brands in general, as it gives me more confidence and they usually provide better support.

Gel polish may not contain those particular ingredients, they do however contain photo initiators and other chemical compounds that can pose a risk if not used correctly, by a trained professional, following manufacturers directions.

I use Nubar Gelicure (pure gel) and Ink London iLac (hybrid), both state they are 5 free. Ink actually states they are free of most nasties and Nubar have always marketed themselves as the healthy choice. They still contain those all important photo initiators though and they still pose an allergy risk if under cured/not used correctly. Xx

I think Gel ll is 5 free. X

I've been using Angel Pro for some time now. It's a "big" brand in Asia. My friend in Singapore recommended it to me. So far so good! But I'm keeping my options open...

Thank you for all your replies! I'll check them out too

Latest posts

Back