50%-60% ? wages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anon

Reaction score
Hello, virgin geek here, dont know if im in the right place to ask this question? but can anyone tell me if a salon owner can suddenly go from taking 50% of wages and raise it to 60%?

Depends if there is a contract in place. Maybe they have done their books and realised that at 50% they are making a loss on employing you? It would certainly be the case in a vat registered salon.

Hello, i am a self employed hairdresser for over 20 yrs, working at a salon that was taken over 2 yrs ago. I dont have a contractof service just a NHF LICENCE CONTRACT? The salon is vat registered, and im amongst 3 other self employed hairdressers.

Hello, i am a self employed hairdresser for over 20 yrs, working at a salon that was taken over 2 yrs ago. I dont have a contractof service just a NHF LICENCE CONTRACT? The salon is vat registered, and im amongst 3 other self employed hairdressers.

Hi , firstly you should all have some sort of contract in place which should legally protect yourself and the Salon owner ....

Can you tell us what they supply and how does the Salon system work ?
a brief outline would be good ?
The links below may be of some help

Legal Quandaries Facing Salon Owners - Hairdressers Journal
Legal Debates Surrounding Chair Rental - Hairdressers Journal
Legal Considerations when Employing Salon Staff - Hairdressers Journal

They provide heating, water, elec,stock . We provide all our tools and trade. Salon open 6 days a week with 1 day off staggered through week, 2 juniors,

If they are supplying stock etc.... then 60% is the norm.
You are self employed though so you set your own hours.

If they are supplying stock etc.... then 60% is the norm.
You are self employed though so you set your own hours.

Yes I agree with Angelina if they are supplying juniors and stock etc ....
Salon overheads and costs are enormous ,
do they launder and supply all the towels as well ?

They do provide towels. These contract of services, can anyone give me an example of how its formed and stated please, thanx.

Industry norm is that stylist gross pay should be 33% of their takings for the salon to survive.

Latest posts

Back