70% Alcohol with Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_rhi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have invested in Shellac but cannot find ANY isopropyl alcohol in my town whatsoever! The lady at the chemist said they are not allowed to sell it and I have tried hardware stores etc without any luck. So I just ordered alcohol from a beauty website and it has just arrived, but the bottle says that it is only 70% :(

Do you think this will make much of a difference? I bought 500mL of the stuff so I'm a bit bummed that it wasn't what I thought it was..

Will it have any bad effects on the Shellac?

xox

I don't think it will have a bad affect, it just won't give Shellac that FABBY shine.

Mine isnt 100% and it works perfect :) I live in a small town so got what i could!

Mine isnt 100% and it works perfect :) I live in a small town so got what i could!

Oh great, thank you heaps! I was like ahh dammit, when I saw it was only 70% lol. I can't believe how hard it was to find! Even the wholesale beauty stores in my town that sell Shellac, don't even sell it! When I asked the sales assistant about it she kept saying to use acetone. Hmm I don't think so!:rolleyes: LOL.

why didn't you just but dsperse and dsolve xx

meant to say buy lol x

Didn't someone mention a few weeks back that dsperse isn't available in Australia? Then again, I could have imagined that:biggrin:

It will work just won't get it as glossy

I talked to fingernailfixer about it recently and yes, less than 99% can work, but she said the sticky layer you are removing has small amounts of gel and by not using 99% you are not removing all of the gel which can lead to over exposure. Scary!

If you have access to theindustrysource.com that is where I found my 99% . HTH

Sent from my PC36100 using SalonGeek

if it helps you can buy 99% from electronics suppliers as it used for numerous applications including pcb cleaning etc i think.
If you look on ebay there are lots of stores selling it.
I got a good sized bottle for a relatively cheap price.

(i cant buy from sweetsquared as i am only a hobbyist on me and my mum lol),

I use Star Nails Uv Gel Wipe and thats 100% isopropyl alcohol, and that is the only ingredient listed

why not contact the Australian distributors were you bought your Shellac and ask them! maybe they might distribute it if there is enough people asking for it! if you use the search feature there a quite alot of thread on the cons of less then 99% IPA x

sorry didnt know u couldnt get it xx

try maplins they have large tins they also do online:)

Latest posts

Back